Configuration Not Working

I have now placed Mautic on two seperate systems and still have no access to the configuration screens, Mail connection also one minute connects nxt minute times out so anyone have any idea as to how to trace this fault in the application.

1: Nothing in the logs as the freeze just stops the whole application from operating

2: The application will not time out just constantly stays on really annoying progress bar

One system OSX & MySQL One system CentOS & MySQL.

Both Running PHP 5.6.24 & Apache 2.4.18

So how do I trace faults that are not reported in any error logs???

This is really frustrating with one one iption bin version 2.01 and revert to 1.4 as at least that worked…

I have now placed Mautic on two seperate systems and still have no access to the configuration screens, Mail connection also one minute connects nxt minute times out so anyone have any idea as to how to trace this fault in the application.

1: Nothing in the logs as the freeze just stops the whole application from operating
2: The application will not time out just constantly stays on really annoying progress bar

One system OSX & MySQL One system CentOS & MySQL.
Both Running PHP 5.6.24 & Apache 2.4.18

So how do I trace faults that are not reported in any error logs???
This is really frustrating with one one iption bin version 2.01 and revert to 1.4 as at least that worked…

Are you running this within a CMS like WordPress? If so, some firewalls like WordFence that monitor the entire WP installation directories and all of your public root folder can cause Mautic to hang.

No CMS this is running off Apache Virtual Host internally.

We have a Draytek in front of the application however the ports 80/443 are open and forwarding to the IP of the Virtual Machine. I have now installed this on CentOS 7 & OSX 10 and the same issues with both systems. My understaning is that Mautic needs no other ports open to operate.

My experience wasn’t “closed” ports, but the firewall monitoring applications and blocking things (even originating internally) that it didn’t like. Which at the end of the day could be closing a port, but it was a dynamic close and a little different.

I’m not sure how sophisticated a Draytek is, so can’t address that. But my application level firewall kept things from appearing in the logs - no logs were written because nothing even happened. I would click a configuration item. Make changes and then click “Apply” and Mautic would freeze into an infinite loop.

If that doesn’t help, here are the steps I had to take withy my installation on nginx - in case this uncovers something for you:

https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/4966-install-on-nginx-and-in-subfolder/p1#p13339

Thanks for that.

I have Draytek Forwarding ports to CentOS and the ports are mirrored there also. I’ve disabled selinux and firewalld so just need to see if annything else would hinder port 2525 mail being accepted.

I think my next step is PowerMTA or the SwiftMailer Boards to see if they can shed any light as when the mail is received it works great but today 5 emails have been tested and the results were 1of5, 3of5 and 0of5 being accepted.

I have finally solved this issue and thank you for your input as it has helped greatly.

In case any one else is running a similar system internally without using external hosting conpanies here is a marketing platform built on CentOS 7 using Open Source & Commercial Software in this case iRedMail Server, Mautic & PowerMTA. If I have time over the next few weeks I will produce a comprehensive guide to help anyone else going down a similar route.

OK Internally I have built a iRedMail Mail server with multiple domains (4 so far). I have second machine running Mautic running off an Apache Virtual Host with more to come. Finally for sending Mail I have installed on a third & fourth virtual machine Power MTA & Power MTA Management Console.

DNS A Records & a border firewall route specific ports to the respective machines local IP addresses and on each CentOS Server IP Tables match the ports opened on the Firewall. For inbound & Outbound connections each of the machines has a seperate external IP address from a pool assigned by our ISP.

So my issues. Power MTA was listening on a local IP address 10.23.0.112 however Mautic was sending SMTP traffic outwards using the FQDN. By changing the SMTP address from the FQDN to a local IP address 10.23.0.112 the connection to PowerMTA was resolved immediately. Now all outgoing mail goes direct to the MTA and PowerMTA assignes mail to a VirtualMTA based of the incoming filter rules.

The IMAP accounts for abuse/postmaster etc were the same by changing the IMAP server addresses from the FQDN to the local IP in this case 10.23.0.110 all the accounts connected immediately. PowerMTA can probably do this also but as DMARC & FBL records use email addresses set uo in DNS these can go direct to the Redmail Server.

I don’t know if Mautic is at fault or SwiftMail but routing/firewalls are key to a marketing automation platform especially if PowerMTA or a similar system has been set up to send mail and maby some sort of check/prompt should be built onto the exceptions of one of thes applications. I am sure that i am not the only person running mail servers & marketing systems internally.

I still have some minor issues with time to access configuration pages 2 minutes in some cases in firebug but this i can live with for now as I am now going to look at some of the routing policies on the Draytek and see if tidying up some policies may help…

Thanks for that i’ll have a look at that post looks quite interesting.