Contact replies not working,,

Your software
My Mautic version is: v4.0.0-alpha1
My PHP version is: PHP Version 7.4.16
My Database type and version is: ubuntu 16.04

Your problem
My problem is: Im trying to use contact replies within campaigns as a decision after email has been sent to send another email upon getting a reply back, but when i send a test email and reply back from receiving account to the test email i sent, campaign doesn’t trigger to send another email that i have set up.

These errors are showing in the log: N/A

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: i’m currently using G suite for IMAP server, and SMTP for postal, I have no clue on where to begin to make this thing work,

Please help,
Thank you

Hi there,

It looks like you are expecting to be able to use this version of Mautic with a live instance of Mautic?

You should not be using 4.0 alpha in production, ever. This is only for developers to test the progress with Mautic 4.

Please reinstall using Mautic 3 - from mautic.org/download - until Mautic 4.0 is released in May.

If you wish to help with testing Mautic 4 please join #mautic-4 on Slack (https://mautic.org/slack) but not in a production environment :slight_smile:

Hi, Thank you for your reply,
and, my bad., im completely new to this, and didn’t even notice what version i was installing,
I will try with 3.0 and if i still get problem, i come back for help :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help!
Regards

No problem at all!

You will always get the latest packaged version at mautic.org/download.

If you prefer to get the code from GitHub you can either grab the latest stable release : https://github.com/mautic/mautic/releases/latest (if you browse the main releases page, be sure to look for the release that does not say ‘pre-release’) or you can pull the code from Github and check out the tag for the latest release.

Okay, i guess i will try the latest stable release then,
and hope that will make thing a lot easier
wish me a luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Kind Regards

Hi

Just wanted to give you a quick update that it worked!
I can’t thank you enough for your help!
Have a nice weekend! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hurrah!

Did you change any settings or just set it up exactly the same?

Will raise it as something to test if you set it all up the same, as it could be a bug we need to address!

Yes, i used exact same setting as before,
and one thing i didn’t know was that it took about 5~10 min to get it triggered after a reply, which i really like it, and im not really sure if i had waited that long before the reinstall, so i can’t really say it for sure but im sure i have done the same thing as i did before and after reinstall,
After all habbits don’t change that easily, so im sure i had waited more than 5 min while doing something else, just like i happend to found out that it worked after reinstall, so yes i did the same thing, :slight_smile:

Hello

For my Contact Replies are working if I give ‘INBOX’ as my folder to check. It works perfectly and triggers the email as soon as Inbox receives the email.

Moment I change the folder to custom folder, it is not working. Nothing gets triggered. No errors. Some one told me its a bug…thinking how such a important functionality can be a bug - is that so ?

thanks
a