Replies to email, do not work

Hi community Mautic,

I am new in mautic, could someone tell me how the desicion works “replies to email” please.

I have tested successfully my email settings. My problem is: when i use the “replies to email” decision, Mautic always go by the no response email thread, even when i respond the sended email.

@Brayan check your email setting.

Yes, I have tested successfully my email settings,

can you see there reply to path.

Nothing :frowning:

@Brayan Did you get this working? I have Mautic 2.12.2. I have all of the “Monitored Inbox Settings” email settings set up. I know the settings are working because it said “Success!!” and it pulled in all of my mail folders. I selected the inbox to monitor for the replies and it’s not working. I use Amazon SES to send, but I use Gmail to receive my mail.

Nothing ?

That’s something I haven’t paid any attention to (the Advanced tab in the email itself). I have been leaving those blank because the little tooltip-question-mark says it would default to system configuration if left blank. The Monitored Address of mine should be same as it the default system configuration, but who knows. I’ll try that.

For others struggling with this. I have verified that this functionality does not work. There is a code problem that is documented here: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/5793

Did this problem get resolved. I have the same setup as @joey-woodwardjoltup and even for me the problem is same. Replied are not tracked.

Are you running the

mautic:email:fetch

command?

Yes I am running that.

Can it be due to Gmail as it is mentioned in 2.2.2 Mautic Release to use other mail Servers.

Okay. You also successfully connected, right? (Got the success message?)
Also: if you run the email:fetch command in ssh, what answer you got?

Yes I got the success message but it doesn’t track the replies.

Also in case it starts to successfull check the replies based on the email I have assigned then what will happen to the emails my team is receiving ?

Let’s have a checklist:

1. In settings you added an emailbox and folder to fetch
    Config - Email Settings - Monitored Email Settings - Contact Replies
  2. You are running the command in cron connected to this service
    bin/console mautic:email:fetch
  3. You are running a campaign, where you send an emai with a reply to address to the monitored mailbox. You tested by answering to that email

Thanks for feedback
Joey

Hi Joey,

(I found same issue and I am speaking about my situation) all 3 points you mentioned are done.

The reply is recognized and shown in the contact history. This proves that first 2 points are done and working properly (settings and cron):

Inside the campaign I send the email and right after that is the decision: Replies to email:

Not as expected is the fact, that in the contact history, this step (the decision Replies to email) and the next ones (on the positive and negative branch) are missing.
Actually I was expecting to find the Action from the negative branch with the schedule mentioned there (1 day).
I can add also a screenshot of the contact history, but the campaign is complex and are many steps…

On the campaign status, the decision can be found. It remains at 0%, even the Reply was detected (the contact is still inside the campaign):

I think I will create a simple campaign only to test this functionality…
@joeyk it should work as I just used it, right? Or am I missing something?

The “Replies to email” decision in campaign definitely does not work. The actions on the positive branch will never trigger.

I do not know how to fix it.
@joeyk : should I do something more to report this bug?