Create a folder system to organize emails, segment etc by campaign

Hi folks!

I have merged several related topics into one so that we can centralise discussions.

The Resource Management Initiative has this as one of the aims, to implement a Mautic-wide system for organising resources - a foldering system, if you will.

Deeper have started working this up into some wireframes and we had a meeting where they presented their thoughts. You can find the meeting notes, recording and wireframes here: https://mautic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/MI/pages/667680773/2021-05-28+Meeting+notes. You can jump directly to the wireframes here.

The team at Deeper are understandably keen to get going on this, so if you have any thoughts/input to contribute you can do so in the Slack channel #i-resource-management and/or add comments directly on the wireframes in Miro. If you are not yet on Slack, get an invite at https://mautic.org/slack.

My thoughts are as follows:

• We should have the ability to enable this as a beta feature rather than add a toggle (I feel the proposed toggle is a bit clunky!), see my feature suggestion here.
  • The most common way that things are grouped by users of Mautic (at least in my experience / from what I have heard) is by campaign, so this should probably be what we use
  • I think that the folder should be created in one place and available everywhere in Mautic, so you can add resources from anywhere in Mautic. This makes it super easy to find and organise everything to do with a specific campaign, and also could help us when it comes to exporting all resources by campaign for example
  • As a user, I would want to be able to view the folders in a list view, rather than large icons/thumbnails taking up a lot of space but others might prefer that, so an option to switch layout would be a nice to have. Also to be able to order by name, date created/updated, resource type, etc.
  • There should be a clear way (icon probably) to quickly differentiate different resources in a folder.
  • Maybe we should drop people into the create a campaign step as part of an onboarding tutorial?
  • I think we may need to rename Campaigns to something like Workflow or Journey Builder to avoid confusion.

Please feel free to add any thoughts you might have, and do join us on Slack if you’d like to be involved!

2 Likes