Custom Field : Increment value

Hi there, first post here. So I’ll use the provided template for my question.

My idea is: to create a custom field allowing a value to be updated in an incremental way. For example, the contact revenue field would be $10 after the customer purchased something. The next day, he purchases another product for $20. I would like to see in the contact revenue field the amount “$30”, but currently, the latest value erases the previous (it just updates the field, so I see 20). So basically, if a customer buys something at $100, then something for free, he becomes a “free customer” for the system with a contact revenue of $0. An alternative way would be to list all the orders in a list like {0:10,1:20,2:29…}, allowing us to track sales records.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: any marketers, and any companies in general using mautic to track customers revenue for their businesses.

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: tracking accurately the lead value is super important for any business.

Any code or resources to support this idea: not at the time, sorry. I guess the JS code could (should?) stay the same : mt(‘send’, ‘pageview’, {email: ‘EMAILHERE’, contactrevenue: 10}, and each time this instruction is fired, the contact revenue must increment (and not update itself). A cookie/session should then be used to prevent page refreshes to increment the value again and again…

Are you willing to work on this idea?: I wish I could. But I don’t have any idea about the server side code to do that.

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further? Not sure, I have seen this was suggested before me here : https://forum.mautic.org/t/custom-field-type-number-increment-to-sum-up-field-value-i-e-dollars-spent/ but no answers have been written (or I cannot see them?) and the topic is closed but I don’t see the reason why.
Thank you.

Description :

If a user submits a form that has a field called, let’s say “Amount”, and then, later, submits the same form again, it would be really useful for marketing purpose, or as lead handover to sales, to be able to know the cumulative value passed in the field “Amount”.

Example:

We can imagine a custom field whose type is “Number (Increment)” (in complement of "Number)

Let’s consider the custom field of type “Number (Increment)” named “Cumulative amount payed”.

If the first form submitted has a field for “Amount”: 5000$, then the contact’s custom field “Cumulative Amount Payed ($)” is initiated with 5000.

When the user submits this form a second time the same form with “Amount”: 45000$
Then “Cumulative Amount Payed ($)” becomes 45000,
And so on…

Then an email can be sent to our sales that includes the custom field :

{leadfield:Cumulative Amount Payed ($)}

I have seen other systems with this mechanism. It can be useful for many purposes, in complement with “Points”. Just to tell a different side of the user’s story

Welcome @anon72082592 to the forums!

I’ve merged that old post into your post here - we closed down a bunch of old topics with no replies, which is why the topic was showing as a closed thread :slight_smile:

Make sure you use your vote at the top of the page to vote for your idea!

Thank you @rcheesley!
I voted for myself, hoping that the idea would interest someone else too :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be great if such feature is implemented. It can help us to associate the number of orders a customer made as well as the total revenue.