Data privacy

Hi David,

when we run Mautic on our server, there is no transaction of data to Mautic in the US, right? It is then just the software we use, without any connection to third parties.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

If you host your Mautic on your server, then all the data are on your server. The only requests which your Mautic will make to mautic.org servers are:

• Check for a new version. Mautic will send also some server related data like PHP version, Mautic version, database type and version, OS type and version so the developer team could make decisions upon those data.
  • Download a new language package.
  • Download the IP lookup database.

Hi!

Thanks for the quick reply. Some more questions now:
Does the IP Tool I downloaded, as a third party integration, collect and send data out from my Mautic installation?
As in the getting started instruction stated, I can´t find “Fetch IP Lookup Data Store”. There is a given list of services, but how to decide which one is the right?
How can I install a German IP tool?
Does the download of the IP lookup database means this tool access any of our collected informations about our leads IPs? Or does ist mirrors the use of the IP database? Are there any informations send to the downloaded IP tool?
Are any IP informations we collected reachable by the 3 points you stated?
Or is it just our trigger action, that we run the download, and nothing starts by Mautic in our system?

Mautic doesn’t send any information outside apart form what I wrote in the first point above. The second and third point happens only if you request it from the Mautic configuration. The download goes TO your Mautic. NOT FROM your Mautic. Your data are yours only. If you want to download the free IP lookup database, choose the MaxMind - GeoLite2 City Download option.

Ok, now it´s all clear to us. Thanks a lot!

Hi David,

when we run Mautic on our server, there is no transaction of data to Mautic in the US, right? It is then just the software we use, without any connection to third parties.

Thanks in advance,

Matt