Delete All Points When Contact Converted To Allow Sales Funnel Recycling

My idea is: Give the option to delete / reset points on a contact when a conversion / objective is achieved. The contact can then be tagged and points can again accumulate to indicate if the contact is actively in another sales funnel.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: Anyone who is selling a range of products / services and wants to be able to target the most interested contacts.

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: Currently the points system only work to track progress towards an initial sale. After this the points are of little use.

Any code or resources to support this idea: None specifically. But I believe an option to reset the points to zero would not involve too much coding.

Are you willing to work on this idea?: I can’t really code but would be more than happy to beta test code.

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further? Somebody willing to code it.

You can do this in a campaign. U would need to set up some trigger action for when an objective is achieved, and then use that trigger to action “update contact” and then set the points to zero.

I did try this - but you can only add or subtract points. I don’t see a way to make a campaign action to set points to zero.

Actions → update contacts → points

Don’t use the points campaign action rather the update contacts action

2 Likes

Thanks @robm
I will give this a try. I think a points reset option in the points actions would be really useful.