Discrepancy in number of imported leads

Hi,

I imported a csv containing 126 rows. Saved it to a segment on import. While importing is in progress, status message shows I’m importing 833 contacts. After import, checked segment and it indicates 833 leads. But clicking on the segment actually shows 126 contacts only.

Thanks for any help.

Vik

Hi,

I imported a csv containing 126 rows. Saved it to a segment on import. While importing is in progress, status message shows I’m importing 833 contacts. After import, checked segment and it indicates 833 leads. But clicking on the segment actually shows 126 contacts only.

Thanks for any help.

Vik

Did you have the anonymous leads already in your db before importing?

Hi,

No. There are no anonymous leads in the CSV. Just did another import with a different CSV and didn’t encounter the same error. My guess is that converting from excel to csv was the culprit. As for the new CSV imported, I saved to CSV format directly from the same source.

I meant were there anonymous leads in you existing mautic system before you started to import?

Sorry for the confusion. I think so, but can’t be 700+. When I was importing the CSV, the progress bar already showed that I’m importing 833 leads.

My assumption: The progress bar may calculate wrongly. I remember having seen discrepancies in the past as well, but didn’t follow up. How about you import a few extra records and check before, how many contacts and anonymous contacts you already have?

Update: Discovered that except for the 126 contacts the rest of the 833 are “anonymous”. Not sure why this happened as the csv file only has 126 rows (contacts).