DNC UI quirks need addressing

My idea is: At the moment the UI makes it very awkward to deal with do not contact (DNC) requests.

Setting a DNC
The only way to mark a contact as DNC is to find them in the contacts list and then, from the contacts like tick the tickbox next to their contact and from the “group” dropdown at the top of the contact list, select the “Set Do Not Contact” option from there. There is no way to do it from anywhere else from what we can see.

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 12.17.48

Surely you should be able to do this on the individual contacts dropdown menu and when editing the contact as well.

Removing DNC
The only way to remove a DNC from a contact is from the “View” contact page. When viewing a contact with a DNC set you get this:

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 12.20.35

and most of the time it has the “X” on it, which you can click to remove the DNC. However, sometimes it doesn’t and you can’t. We are yet to figure out when it does and doesn’t have the X or why. There is also no option to remove a DNC from the edit contact screen.

Really it should only be editable from the edit screen and not the view screen, but having it output as information on the view screen should remain.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: Everyone using Mautic

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: Because it makes the UI correct.

Any code or resources to support this idea: No

Are you willing to work on this idea?: I can help with testing and feedback