Getting contact DNC status

I’m pretty new to mautic and so far I’m impressed.

I’ve implemented the REST API on one of my company’s sites but what I can’t seem to find is how to get the DNC status of a contact. Is this possible? It’s no biggy, I’ll just remove the option and have contacts unsubscribe via the usual means but it would be useful to have. The admin panel shows DNC when you list contacts so I’m guessing there must be something that flags this to the admin/manager/whatever. Perhaps I’m missing something? In the contact results perhaps?

Appreciate any advice.

I’m pretty new to mautic and so far I’m impressed.

I’ve implemented the REST API on one of my company’s sites but what I can’t seem to find is how to get the DNC status of a contact. Is this possible? It’s no biggy, I’ll just remove the option and have contacts unsubscribe via the usual means but it would be useful to have. The admin panel shows DNC when you list contacts so I’m guessing there must be something that flags this to the admin/manager/whatever. Perhaps I’m missing something? In the contact results perhaps?

Appreciate any advice.

@mrkennie Dnc do not contact, those contact are click on Unsubscribe Link

Yes, but I was hoping to use this as a contact preference, in addition to choosing segments, on the website rather than removing contacts from segments. This is in a customers account area. It’s at least useful knowing which segments they belong to even if DNC is set which is why I’m looking down the DNC route.

You have to create a DNC Segment so all Dnc contacts stores in That segment

Ah I see. I’ve read about that somewhere. I just assumed there was another via the API way since it’s in the contact listings.

I have a way forward. Many thanks!