Does anyone ever get help with their support issues?

It seems like whenever I post an issue, I get no responses and this appears to be a similar theme throughout. for others The only things that seem to get answered are UI questions someone unfamiliar with where to go etc get answered. Where is the community support for this tool?

Right now:

1. I cant import a csv file of 138 records updating only 4 fields. It just hangs there. Its done this ever since I upgraded to the latest version.

2. Segments are not pulling contacts based on filter criteria that is in fact, there.

3. Users that click a link in an email are not tracked or actioned upon in campaign launcher based on that defined link URL. Yes, there is tracking on the page that is visited. This is killing the nurture campaign i have.

It seems like whenever I post an issue, I get no responses and this appears to be a similar theme throughout. for others The only things that seem to get answered are UI questions someone unfamiliar with where to go etc get answered. Where is the community support for this tool?

Right now:

1. I cant import a csv file of 138 records updating only 4 fields. It just hangs there. Its done this ever since I upgraded to the latest version.

2. Segments are not pulling contacts based on filter criteria that is in fact, there.

3. Users that click a link in an email are not tracked or actioned upon in campaign launcher based on that defined link URL. Yes, there is tracking on the page that is visited. This is killing the nurture campaign i have.

Hello @lead2crm, thanks for posting your questions/issues. We are currently working to bring more structure to the community support, so your patience is appreciated. Have you visited our Slack community or our Github repository to see what issues have been raised? Are you seeing any error messages at all? https://mautic.org/docs/en/tips/troubleshooting.html

Thanks for the response that troubleshooting doc is helpful; however, i ran through all of the steps: 1. cleared cache. 2. schema was already up to date.

The clearing of my cache didnt help with my upload issue or segment issue. Unsure about my click through issue, but doubt it.

Here is my error log, so it looks like something useful may come from this:
This is a recurring error message:

[2017-07-20 19:28:01] mautic.NOTICE: DoctrineDBALExceptionSyntaxErrorException: An exception occurred while executing ‘SELECT count(distinct(l.id)) as lead_count, max(l.id) as max_id FROM MAP2q_leads l INNER JOIN MAP2q_lead_lists_leads ll ON l.id = ll.lead_id WHERE (ll.date_added <= ‘2017-07-20 19:28:01’) AND (ll.manually_added = ?) AND (ll.leadlist_id = 36) AND (l.id NOT IN (SELECT l.id FROM MAP2q_leads l INNER JOIN MAP2q_companies_leads cl ON l.id = cl.lead_id INNER JOIN MAP2q_companies comp ON cl.company_id = comp.id WHERE (comp.platform__eloqua = ?) AND (()) GROUP BY l.id))’ with params [0, “Yes”]: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘)) GROUP BY l.id))’ at line 1 (uncaught exception) at /home/lead2crm/public_html/map/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 90 while running console command mautic:segments:update [] []

@jseevers, great to hear you are trying to bring more structure to community support.
Feel free to reach out as I’ve been quite vocal in the past about support, development roadmaps etc.

@jseevers @JoPitts same here, I’m pretty active and would love if there was more issue post coverage in the forums, and would love any way to help.

I’m not as active as I would like to be. I’d be happy to receive emails, prompting me to answer questions. Amazon does this.

It could simply be a list of questions that have aged without a response.

I’m sure this would have a huge impact.

Also, being easier to upload or copy+paste screenshots into our form messaging would be nice. Currently, we have to host the image and then put it here

Regarding issues #1 (importing a list) and issue #2 (segments not pulling contacts based on criteria filters with data that does exist)

for #1: I went in and tried to import a list to generate a fresh error; however the only thing i got was errors regarding segments.

for #2, here is the error for segments:
[2017-07-21 20:43:02] mautic.NOTICE: DoctrineDBALExceptionSyntaxErrorException: An exception occurred while executing ‘SELECT count(distinct(l.id)) as lead_count, max(l.id) as max_id FROM MAP2q_leads l INNER JOIN MAP2q_lead_lists_leads ll ON l.id = ll.lead_id WHERE (ll.date_added <= ‘2017-07-21 20:43:02’) AND (ll.manually_added = ?) AND (ll.leadlist_id = 36) AND (l.id NOT IN (SELECT l.id FROM MAP2q_leads l INNER JOIN MAP2q_companies_leads cl ON l.id = cl.lead_id INNER JOIN MAP2q_companies comp ON cl.company_id = comp.id WHERE (comp.platform__eloqua = ?) AND (()) GROUP BY l.id))’ with params [0, “Yes”]: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘)) GROUP BY l.id))’ at line 1 (uncaught exception) at /home/lead2crm/public_html/map/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 90 while running console command mautic:segments:update [] []

Regarding my segmentation issue (#2), I figured I would try to update to 2.9 and see if this resolves some of my issues. My update was not fully successful, but appears to have fixed my segmentation issues. Now, i have new issues to deal with: how to fix the update I have now and the new issues it has caused

I restored a back up of my web server from yesterday and this brought me back to version 2.8.2 of mautic. I saw my segments still worked and had correct counts. I then backed up my database to yesterday and the segments are broken again and back to zero

I’ll just have to wait until I get feedback here or until a later version comes out with a more stable upgrade process

Officially, my segmentation issue is fixed in v2.9, i found the bug and fix in the release notes:
https://github.com/mautic/mautic/pull/4369
“BugFix - Segments that mix company and lead fields filters generate wrong SQL expressions #4369

Hey there @JoPitts, @justinroffmarsh, @ffmarketing. As always, thanks for your comments and your willingness to give back to the community in the form of support. In our current forum solution, if you edit your profile you can change notifications to receive ones in the channels you star/follow. You should get notifications via email when new posts are written in them. The roadmap is in review and should be available soon. And yes, we recognize the limitations with this forum solution, and are working to bring resolution to that as quickly as possible.

@lead2crm, based on your notes, it seem that your current situation is that you are 2.8.2 and trying to determine why your update to 2.9 did not function properly? Have you read this post on when upgrades aren’t successful? It was written by one of the developers and has helped others, when having upgrade issues. https://johnlinhart.com/blog/uh-oh-mautic-upgrade-was-not-successful

Officially, bugs #1 and #2 are fixed in 2.9

For those following the installation error of 2.9, please visit here: https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/8104-2-9-fixes-most-bugs-but-upgrade-didnt-go-smoothly