Some issues

So our marketing director is having some issues and I wanted to see if others are having similar issues and maybe work together on getting some fixes going. Here’s a list of the issues and descriptions - even if you’re not a developer and just want to affirm that you do or don’t have these issues please let me know as it’d go a long way:

URL Tracking

Mautic does not have automatic tracking URLs. Not sure how that would work with the way you have to define the page URL to get click tracking. Maybe that’s where the * wildcard comes in? Landon might know what I’m talking about. For the time being I can add the tracking code to the links one by one, but that isn’t ideal. It would be nice if that was a setting at the Email level similar to where you assign categories, etc. Then when we build the Campaign and define the tracked links we can just put the * at the end of them and it should track clicks to that page regardless of the tracking URL settings.

Emails

Cloning – When I use the clone feature to copy an email it doesn’t clone the content, just an empty email with the same settings as the source email.

Campaigns

Cloning – When I clone a campaign it deletes the connectors between the triggers and actions and stacks the items on top of each other in the upper left corner, so I pretty much have to rebuild the entire tree every time no matter what. I want to just clone the campaign, open it up and swap out options and settings, and be done. Another major time/productivity drain.

Database

Question about importing leads – Does it always match & overwrite mapped columns on import? Other systems sometimes have options for what to do if an import record matches an existing database record – overwrite, reject, add new duplicate, etc. Mautic doesn’t ask about it so I’d like to confirm.

That’s great - solved some issues, but now campaigns won’t send which is a major emergency issue. I have backups, but I’d really like it to work. Did some major testing and can’t seem to find a common ground.

Anyone had this issue?

not this way - I was rather looking for a “do not track” for a selected contact… e.g. a person that didn’t opt in to webtracking, but still wants to receive newsletter.

@dirk_s The disable-tracking might be interesting for you!

So our marketing director is having some issues and I wanted to see if others are having similar issues and maybe work together on getting some fixes going. Here’s a list of the issues and descriptions - even if you’re not a developer and just want to affirm that you do or don’t have these issues please let me know as it’d go a long way:

URL Tracking

Mautic does not have automatic tracking URLs. Not sure how that would work with the way you have to define the page URL to get click tracking. Maybe that’s where the * wildcard comes in? Landon might know what I’m talking about. For the time being I can add the tracking code to the links one by one, but that isn’t ideal. It would be nice if that was a setting at the Email level similar to where you assign categories, etc. Then when we build the Campaign and define the tracked links we can just put the * at the end of them and it should track clicks to that page regardless of the tracking URL settings.

Emails

Cloning – When I use the clone feature to copy an email it doesn’t clone the content, just an empty email with the same settings as the source email.

Campaigns

Cloning – When I clone a campaign it deletes the connectors between the triggers and actions and stacks the items on top of each other in the upper left corner, so I pretty much have to rebuild the entire tree every time no matter what. I want to just clone the campaign, open it up and swap out options and settings, and be done. Another major time/productivity drain.

Database

Question about importing leads – Does it always match & overwrite mapped columns on import? Other systems sometimes have options for what to do if an import record matches an existing database record – overwrite, reject, add new duplicate, etc. Mautic doesn’t ask about it so I’d like to confirm.