Dynamic content in Email not working?

Hello, I’m trying to create a dynamic content in email.

After press “apply” button, the dynamic content became something like {dynamiccontent=“Dynamic Content 2”} and not showing default or variable content when sending test. It’s also non-editable, so I must recreate the email if I want to remove the {dynamiccontent=“Dynamic Content 2”} text.

You can watch step-by-step the issue recreate in the clip here: https://youtu.be/6UT8yt3Hv_Q

Hello, I’m trying to create a dynamic content in email.
After press “apply” button, the dynamic content became something like {dynamiccontent=“Dynamic Content 2”} and not showing default or variable content when sending test. It’s also non-editable, so I must recreate the email if I want to remove the {dynamiccontent=“Dynamic Content 2”} text.
You can watch step-by-step the issue recreate in the clip here: https://youtu.be/6UT8yt3Hv_Q

Up!

Anyone got this issue?

Up!

I tried to do what you propose and I get the same result. I could not create dynamic content that way.

Personally, I ´d try to writte differents emails and using the conditions in Campaigns. I´m sure that on this way It is possible, but… wait! I have good news.

As for the field is not editable … I will say the same thing happened to me, but I did another test and in it I did not save with the “apply” button. I used “close editor” button and then save.
I can not remeber when or where but… I readed that some functions don´t work with direct email or test email… When I’ve created a campaign, dynamic web content has worked perfectly inside the email.

So… You must create a campaign to do that you are trying. I did and It worked fine¡

Good Luck :slight_smile:

Hi @sergio.bolinches I am having the exact same issue. Why is this happening? - I am not able to edit the dynamic content after I save the email nor it works when testing it on a campaign. Also, the article Mautic provides here doesn’t cover this and their video doesn’t even play!