Dynamic Content in Emails shows {dynamiccontent="Dynamic Content 3"}, can't edit

Your software
My Mautic version is: 2.15.0
My PHP version is: PHP Version 7.1.26

Your problem
I am creating Dynamic Content emails.
The idea is that we don’t want to have Default Content in the email, but only Dynamic Content Variants based on certain filters.

So for example, if a lead has a filter of – custom field – including – some property – then we’ll show the Dynamic Content. But if it doesn’t, then nothing would appear (i.e. no Default Content).

What happens, however is that during the process of building the email, the builder gets VERY buggy and then ends up displaying
{dynamiccontent=“Dynamic Content 1”}
{dynamiccontent=“Dynamic Content 2”}
{dynamiccontent=“Dynamic Content 3”}
etc.
which is simply text and cannot be edited/removed (see the screenshot below).
That text then also appears in the live email.

This is from the email builder:
Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.06.20 AM

This is from the email, when sent and opened:
Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.04.28 AM

These errors are showing in the log: No errors.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: re-created the email from scratch a number of times.

1 Like

Sorry am carrying out heavy test on basic mautic automation and for now i haven’t seen a reason to use dynamic content havent even studied it but it think it works by replacing content in form field rights?
Give me an idea i will carry out a test and see if i come across the big and we can look for solution together

Sorry, I’m not sure I understand your question. Dynamic Content in email is basically content with variations based on a contact field.

For example, I can say that if my lead’s address contains the US, then the variant of the content will be promotion for 4th of July.

There’s more here: https://mautic.com/help/dynamic-content-in-emails/

Thanks seen the link content and video
Thinking of how to apply this to my flow already

Hi,
Are you trying to us the dynamic content from Components> dynamic content?
I don’t think you can insert those in an email (at least I couldn’t somehow I never get a slot name to use, so not sure if this a bug or a feature.

It seems so far the dynamic content on emails is scoped per email using the dynamic content slot in slot types then creating the content and variants from there

I’ve been struggling with Dynamic content as well and had a similar experience on Version 2.15.0 as well. I was unable to have Dynamic Content in email or on pages on our website display properly.

I recently upgraded to Version 2.16.1. And it has resolved a number of issues (though not all).

Check the Changelog here to see what has been fixed/updated https://github.com/mautic/mautic/releases

Good luck!