Send Mail with Dynamic Content on Contact Screen does not work

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.1.2
My PHP version is: 7.4.27
My Database type and version is: MariaDB

Your problem
My problem is: I have a dynamic content email, that fills based on a contact field, custom field. When the email is used in a campaign it works fine, if I use the contact screen send email option, the dynamic content is not shown, only the: {dynamiccontent=“Dynamic Content 3”} where it should be is in the email.

These errors are showing in the log: none

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: bad language and thrown mouse, neither fixed the problem

the Dynamic content can be defined as campaign based or not (there is a toggle in dynamic content record). it seems your dynamic content is campaign based, which means the value of the slot is determine by the campaign, which is not available when you manually send it.
there are different approaches you can take here, but I recommend
creating a new email and define the Dynamic content directly on the e-mail as shown in the picture below:

PS: Throwing the mouse at someone else, might fix some other issues, unfortunately not this one.

That is how the email is setup, not using the campaign for dynamic content, here is the email

Then I go to the contact screen and use this button
2022-02-25_10-32-20
Then I select the email I am sending, and it looks like this in both the preview and after I hit send email looks like this when delivered

Other ideas??

sorry about the earlier confusion I just tested in my own environment, which is a older version (3.3) - and got the same behavior than you.

if you manually send the email using the contact’s menu option called " Send Email" the dynamic content will not work.
if you send the e-mail thru a campaign the dynamic content works.

here is what the current documentation says (Contact overview | Mautic):

Send email to contact

The drop down menu in the top right corner of the contact detail page also lets you send an email directly to the contact. You can fill in From Name , From (email address), Subject and the Body message. You can also Import from an existing template . If you select some email from this select box, the Subject and the Body textarea will be prefilled from that pre-defined email template. Emails sent by this method are not tracked by Mautic.

Not sure this is something expected from the software, maybe the “import from an existing template” does something different than we expect. maybe email is not tracked means no additional calculation is done after the content of the email is imported?

if this is the expected behavior, there is definitely a feature to be develop here.

as a work around, create a campaign just to send the email. and add manually adds the contact to the campaign.

When I use the import from existing template, other variables are inserted (contactfields) properly. It seemed strange to me that this dynamic content would not.

I am usually using this in a support method, where user says they never got the login credentials email or something, and I resend it using this method. Dynamic content is important to my overall strategy as I use branded and cobranded headers with many emails, and having to have a unique email for each client would be quite an effort to manage.