EC2 Micro instance vs Hosted/Cpanel options

All,

I’ve noticed a lot of people are using hosted options to run Mautic with Cpanel front ends, and that this seems to cause lots of problems.

I’ve used an Amazon EC2 Micro Instance (free) for testing purposes, and will scale to an instance with more RAM/CPU/Storage as needed. I have had no technical issues with Mautic (lots of feature related issues, but that is a different story, and something I am actively contributing to, to improve)

How are most people experimenting with Mautic, and should we as a community be suggesting what a good ‘starters test bed’ looks like?

Cheers

Jo

All,
I’ve noticed a lot of people are using hosted options to run Mautic with Cpanel front ends, and that this seems to cause lots of problems.

I’ve used an Amazon EC2 Micro Instance (free) for testing purposes, and will scale to an instance with more RAM/CPU/Storage as needed. I have had no technical issues with Mautic (lots of feature related issues, but that is a different story, and something I am actively contributing to, to improve)

How are most people experimenting with Mautic, and should we as a community be suggesting what a good ‘starters test bed’ looks like?

Cheers
Jo

@MxyzptlkFishStix , sorry - wasn’t laying the blame with CPanel per se, but more the whole hosted/no access to code etc/one click installer(mangler?) approach.

So should we be recommending to people that they need direct access to the linux command line, and to NOT use one click installers?

Completely agree. Is there a way to block the one click installers? :slight_smile:

Oh, and they need to be able to set up cron jobs

Hmm so you really think there is a problem with 1 click installers? Interesting. What problems do you think it causes?

I have noticed the on click installer using cpanel like softlocus or something like that something has problem i start to notice this since Mautic v1.4 but also shared hosting have limitations and those shared hosting support don’t help those user.