Email builder + A/B questions

Hi guys,

I’m starting to use Mautic but encounter few problems:

1. In the Email builder, I use some customized leads fields (Name,…), but when I send the mail, they are not getting converted. I simply receive the mail with Name in bold. Any idea why?
  2. I would like to use leads fields in the subject of the mail to increase open rate. How can I do it?

Concerning the A/B testing
  3. I understood the traffic weight to split the variants across the leads list, but what if I want to test the following:

Got 10,000 leads and want to test 2 variants. I would prefer to send the core + 2 variants to a list of 1,000 leads and selecting the most impactful mail for the 9,000 remaining.

How to do such thing?

4. And if I want to build a follow up campaign (The mail has been opened, but no action), do I need to prepare this campaign at the same time, or I can wait to run the 1st campaign, then to configure the follow up campaign? (Not sure if I can get the information afterwards in fact)

How to perform that?

Thanks a lot!

Hi guys,

I’m starting to use Mautic but encounter few problems:

1. In the Email builder, I use some customized leads fields (Name,…), but when I send the mail, they are not getting converted. I simply receive the mail with Name in bold. Any idea why?
  2. I would like to use leads fields in the subject of the mail to increase open rate. How can I do it?

Concerning the A/B testing
3) I understood the traffic weight to split the variants across the leads list, but what if I want to test the following:
Got 10,000 leads and want to test 2 variants. I would prefer to send the core + 2 variants to a list of 1,000 leads and selecting the most impactful mail for the 9,000 remaining.
How to do such thing?

1. And if I want to build a follow up campaign (The mail has been opened, but no action), do I need to prepare this campaign at the same time, or I can wait to run the 1st campaign, then to configure the follow up campaign? (Not sure if I can get the information afterwards in fact)
    How to perform that?

Thanks a lot!

Hi guys!

Any update there?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

1. What version of Mautic do you use? I know there was a bug in the past. It works for me now.
  2. Discussed in https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/732-dynamic-fields-in-subject
  3. Create a list with 1000 leads and send them the email. Then send the winner to the rest of the leads.
  4. Actions in campaigns are not executed when a decision was made in the past. Only from the date the campaign is published.

Hi escopecz,

Thanks for your answer

1. I’ve kept Mautic updated. I’m running the latest one as of today, but I will make further test (May be I need to reset the configuration)
  2. Ah, I’ve missed that one. Great! Thanks!
  3. If I create different leads list, then I’ll lose the A/B comparison nope? But probably there isn’t any others solutions.
    Also, if I select “A/B test winner criteria”, how does it work? From when the system decide to go for mail “D” to all the rest?
  4. Great, so I can do a campaign A and if no action from the receiver --> Go to campaign B. But no need to do the campaign B immediately. I will not loose any contact, correct?

Thanks a lot!

I think the only solution would be to A/B test a segment would be to create your lead list of 1000 and send your A/B test to them. Once you’ve decided enough time has passed, set the winner. If you’re sending the email as a email blast, you won’t be able to edit the email to add the list of remaining leads. So you’ll have to clone the email then assign the list. If it’s a template email, you should be able to just set the winner then use your campaign and the other lead list to send to the remaining leads.

I think you do lose the A/B test history though as once you select a winner, I’m pretty sure the A/B test is reset.

The A/B test winner criteria determines how Mautic should decide what email is the winner. For example, if you choose form submission rate as the criteria, Mautic will count up the number of form submissions that happened in the same session as the link the lead clicked on through the email. The email that lead to the greater number of form submissions will be considered the winner.

Hope that helps.

Thanks!
Alan