Email builder no longer lets me edit emails

(I was happily editing emails last week). I use free cloud hosted Mautic and Firefox and Chrome (I’ve cleared the cache).

If I for example clone an email and then try to edit the cloned email the email builder is unresponsive.

I can create new emails, however. (The problem is I’d like to copy content and settings from old emails but I can’t…) The problem affects both emails that have never been sent and ones that have been sent. I for example have an automated email I’ve never sent that has a mistake in it. Now I have to delete the whole email and create a new email… This is a pretty cumbersome workflow…

Note: I have never been able to use any of the drag and drop buttons (not that I particularly care).

What has happened? Can I fix this…? (Note: I’m not particularly technical)

Here is what I see:

Screen-Shot-2017-03-07-at-22.35.07-1-600x265.jpg

(I was happily editing emails last week). I use free cloud hosted Mautic and Firefox and Chrome (I’ve cleared the cache).

If I for example clone an email and then try to edit the cloned email the email builder is unresponsive.
I can create new emails, however. (The problem is I’d like to copy content and settings from old emails but I can’t…) The problem affects both emails that have never been sent and ones that have been sent. I for example have an automated email I’ve never sent that has a mistake in it. Now I have to delete the whole email and create a new email… This is a pretty cumbersome workflow…

Note: I have never been able to use any of the drag and drop buttons (not that I particularly care).

What has happened? Can I fix this…? (Note: I’m not particularly technical)

Here is what I see:

I’m experiencing very similar behavior with custom themes, but editing the stock themes is working as expected. The only difference in behavior for my custom themes compared what you describe @voinonen is that I have the ability to edit “Content Background Color” and “Wrapper Background Color”.

2.6.1: Clicking text on the left (preview) brings up the WYSIWYG editor on the right.
2.7.0: Clicking text (or anything else including images) on the left only brings up “content background color” and “wrapper background color” fields on the right.

In my case I’ve cleared the cache, deleted app/cache, re-generated assets, re-imported the theme, etc. with no change in behavior.

I’m wondering if there was a fundamental change in 2.7.0 that breaks compatibility with old themes?

@JConnell I had a similar issue with one of my custom themes in 2.7, and found that I didn’t have a data-slot-container around each of my data-slots. In 2.6.1 this wasn’t a problem, but it seems like data-slots without a data-slot-container aren’t editable in 2.7. But it could also just be a coincidence on my part.

If you want to send me your theme I could take a look.

Strange, I’ve data-slot-container for each and it doesn’t work…

@Thierry well I guess that’s not the problem haha. I noticed it with one of my themes but could be totally unrelated.

I’m using the blank theme. Old emails created using the blank theme can’t be edited. However, NEW emails with blank template are editable… at least for a while. One of my custom themes has lost its editability altogether (so if I create a new email using that nothing works).

I guess I could just delete the emails I need to edit and recreate them - and hope they retain their editability…

I had exactly the same issue.

Actually it is a bug with any language except english (I use Mautic with the french translation).
Back to english and you’ll be able to edit old and create new mails with the builder.

If anyone has a git account to create an issue on https://github.com/mautic/mautic , you’re welcome…

I had the the same problem (could not edit emails).
Cache wipe and DB schema reset (had to do it twice because of an error in the first run) worked: