Email: Image makes text tiny on mobile

Your software
My Mautic version is: v2.15.3
My PHP version is: 7.0.33

Your problem
My problem is: When I put in a more-or-less large image into my email (for example 500px width), on mobile the font-size of the text gets very tiny:

1st screenshot: Text without image. The font-size is as it should be.
2nd screenshot: Text with 500px image. The font-size gets very tiny.

The source-code for the (2nd) email:

[how to put in a html code here?!]

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
I did many-many tests for 3-4 hours, nothing worked.

1 Like

It is hard to say what exactly be the issue, as images are not really relevant to the problem. What I want to ask at the moment is if you can provide any sample url(preview url for email). As personally never facing something like that can’t comment directly.

Thank you for your reply!

Images are extremely relevant to the problem. Today, after again hours of testing, I found following out:

• my phones real resolution: 1080x1920
  • how browers/gmail-app/etc. sees my resolution: 360x640 (this can be found it for example with http://whatismyscreenresolution.net/ )
  • and now the important part: When the image in the email is 328 pixels wide or less, than everything is fine. However, if the image is 329 or wider, it shrinks the picture and the text:

Preview-email, but not sure if it helps:
https://email.verfuehren-befriedigen-tipps.de/mautic/email/view/5ee2949a26026172593578

That is really strange, but as far as i can see this should be working fine(based on the preview link you have provided). however it looked fine on my one plus. I am sorry not able to find discrepancy right away,will try to look for it in couple of days(considering my time occupancy).

I now “solved” it by not using the “Blank” theme, just selecting the “Code Mode” as a Theme. It’s not a perfect solution, because this way I don’t have a WYSIWYG-editor, but I’m not able to solve it somehow else.

1 Like

Hey I have the same problem:) when I use the builder the photos turns out in the test email huge, but looks ok in the normal preview. I tried to copy the code from the builder to a code email, and when I sent the test email the pictures were huge again.

do u have perhaps a solution?