Email Templates

Hey I m having issues building email templates.

I tried clearing cache, using different browsers, etc.

When I create a template I save and close. Then I go back into it and it is blank. The actual template doesn’t even show up.

Can someone help or direct me to a plugin that can create templates?

Thank you!

Hey I m having issues building email templates.

I tried clearing cache, using different browsers, etc.

When I create a template I save and close. Then I go back into it and it is blank. The actual template doesn’t even show up.

Can someone help or direct me to a plugin that can create templates?

Thank you!

Hi ddzarrro,

Here is a link to a screen flow tutorial I just created for you.

how to create email template in Mautic v2.5.1

It shows the steps to create an email template in Mautic V2.5.1 (which is more or less the same for most Mautic Version 2.x.x)

The editing is a bit crappy, but you can see the steps needed.

Cheers

Ray

@raymondkent it seems that was a link to use a template, not to build edit, or save one. I’d love to see a tutorial for easily making a new template if anyone has one.

Thanks~

@alainarae you might want to take a look at the email related videos from the Mautic team here: https://mautic.com/help/introduction-to-theming/

I’ve built several templates myself, and depending how editable you want them to be (and how much compatibility you need across clients & devices) it can get a bit tricky.

Hey @chris0928, nice to see a familiar face on the forum.

We build Mautic email templates. Each time you make a change, you need to do the following to see the changes reflected:

1. Clear the cache by deleting the contents of the /app/cache folder
  2. In the dashboard, select the email you are editing, choose a different theme (such as one of the default themes), launch the Builder once, then switch back to your theme.

The most important files for an email template are the base.html.twig and email.html.twig files, in addition to the config.json file. The config.json file in the root directory of your theme should look something like this:

{ "name": "Template Name", "author": "Author Name", "authorUrl": "http://example.com", "features": [ "email" ] }

Then, the .twig files should live in a subfolder named /html.
That’s how we’ve structured our themes anyways.