Emails Taking Up to 15 Minutes to Send

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.3.1 and 3.3.2
My PHP version is: 7.4
My Database type and version is: NA

Hi,

I’m monitoring some new opt-ins, and now people are taking almost a half hour just to get an email that’s supposed to be sent right away. I changed some cron jobs to every 15 minutes. The problem might have happened since that change. Why is it taking 12 minutes, and even 28 minutes, for people to get a “Confirm your email address” email? They’re not going to wait for that. Seems like things only happen during minutes 0, 15, and 45 every hour in Mautic.

1 Like

Hi,
Cronjobs set the pace for every marketing action. If you want campaign actions to be processed faster run the cronjobs more often:

Or use a cronless email confirmation process:

Good luck.

Thanks. Is there any particular cron job that would speed things up if I made it more frequent? Would that be segments update or a campaigns one? I’ll go through those resources, but I’m wondering about a quick fix for the meantime.

UPDATE: The form-triggered emails aren’t doable in my case. They must use the forms provided in the membership site software. The only instant anything is a Mautic form that can trigger a confirm your email email from within the site. The others take 15 minutes because they are campaigns. About cron jobs: The way I had them set earlier, people got emails within seconds without a form. They were triggered by campaigns. And I didn’t set cron jobs to every minute. Maybe one of them was every minute. Not sure which one.