Embed a confirmation or activation URL in the email

Thank you for working out this great system first of all, after trying with some other open sources, I have started to adopt Mautic in our marketing automation.

Now I get a requirement to send an confirmation/activation email after clients fill in the form, and only if client clicks on the confirmation/activation URL embedded in the email, we will send a coupon code to the client’s email.

I think I need to develop a custom plugin to achieve this, and need to do the following things in the bundle:

1. create a new table to maintain the email, confirmation/activation hash, and clicked or not clicked flag.
  2. subscribe to the email events to provide the new token and generate the URL during generating the email.
  3. Tagging the leads record maybe if he/she clicks on the link in the email.

Do it sound the right way? Or is there any existing solution already for this requirement.

Thank you for working out this great system first of all, after trying with some other open sources, I have started to adopt Mautic in our marketing automation.

Now I get a requirement to send an confirmation/activation email after clients fill in the form, and only if client clicks on the confirmation/activation URL embedded in the email, we will send a coupon code to the client’s email.

I think I need to develop a custom plugin to achieve this, and need to do the following things in the bundle:

1. create a new table to maintain the email, confirmation/activation hash, and clicked or not clicked flag.
  2. subscribe to the email events to provide the new token and generate the URL during generating the email.
  3. Tagging the leads record maybe if he/she clicks on the link in the email.

Do it sound the right way? Or is there any existing solution already for this requirement.