Error code#2002

I just installed mautic on my distant server and I am getting the following message

Database connection error (code #2002)

the error log shows the following

[Wed Feb 24 19:22:08 2016] [error] [client 109.190.254.1] [host marketing.iamhappytheproject.com] FastCGI: server “/homez.2055/francoisqe/marketing/index.php” stderr: PHP message: exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)’ in /home/francoisqe/marketing/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:40

I am not a php guru and I do know how to link the database to mautic.

However the database is correctly built … mautic just can’t connect to it. Please help me

I just installed mautic on my distant server and I am getting the following message

Database connection error (code #2002)

the error log shows the following

[Wed Feb 24 19:22:08 2016] [error] [client 109.190.254.1] [host marketing.iamhappytheproject.com] FastCGI: server “/homez.2055/francoisqe/marketing/index.php” stderr: PHP message: exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)’ in /home/francoisqe/marketing/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:40

I am not a php guru and I do know how to link the database to mautic.

However the database is correctly built … mautic just can’t connect to it. Please help me