Mautic Community Forums

Firebase integration

My idea is: We have OneSignal for mobile push notifications, which isn’t even a popular service for push notifications and FCM is by far the most used option to send push. OneSignal’s segmentation capabilities are hardly any use with Mautic.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: This would enable a LARGE number of people to start using their existing app installs with Mautic.

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: Most apps have Firebase already setup. They need to currently setup OneSignal, and hope that all their users will update the app.

Any code or resources to support this idea: This should be a simple integration ideally. Mautic can have a custom field with the “push token” of the contact. And then have a integration like: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/blob/8cb3c509a09224fe9c71abe84faebdb69c11c934/app/bundles/NotificationBundle/Integration/OneSignalIntegration.php to send notification to the token via firebase.

For a full flow there should be a way to update the “campaign” message with delivered and opened status for the push so the app can use Mautic API to update the “push notification” based on the notification ID.

Are you willing to work on this idea?: I can help, but I don’t know how to start

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further? I have no idea how Mautic works internally. If some help can be given there, I can help with this.

I have made some progress on this. Can anyone help with how to go about testing this?