Firebase integration

My idea is: We have OneSignal for mobile push notifications, which isn’t even a popular service for push notifications and FCM is by far the most used option to send push. OneSignal’s segmentation capabilities are hardly any use with Mautic.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: This would enable a LARGE number of people to start using their existing app installs with Mautic.

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: Most apps have Firebase already setup. They need to currently setup OneSignal, and hope that all their users will update the app.

Any code or resources to support this idea: This should be a simple integration ideally. Mautic can have a custom field with the “push token” of the contact. And then have a integration like: mautic/OneSignalIntegration.php at 8cb3c509a09224fe9c71abe84faebdb69c11c934 · mautic/mautic · GitHub to send notification to the token via firebase.

For a full flow there should be a way to update the “campaign” message with delivered and opened status for the push so the app can use Mautic API to update the “push notification” based on the notification ID.

Are you willing to work on this idea?: I can help, but I don’t know how to start

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further? I have no idea how Mautic works internally. If some help can be given there, I can help with this.

I have made some progress on this. Can anyone help with how to go about testing this?

so was it successful?
wanted to have a similar thing

Hey @amit.kumar was there any progress made with this. Is this something others are still looking for

We can help for sure!

Hi Amit

if use FCM as push notification service there is a Mautic Firebase Cloud Messaging Plugin. this works great and their support is also excellent.

Thanks
Indar

1 Like

Dear All!

@d_wathi thanks for your kind words, and we would like to inform everybody that in the last weeks we made really lot of improvements about our plugin, and I really hope that we are not going to stop here.

You can check our latest works here:

News on Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) plugin 2.4.0
News on Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) plugin 2.3.0

If you have any questions just please don’t hesitate to ask us (here or on our LeadEngine site).

Thanks for your attention!

Also would like to indicate, that as the documentation of our plugin tells, we are currently only support Mautic 3.x with our plugin and not the hot-fresh Mautic 4.x yet.

(In the next months we will definitely step forward but we do not have to hurry as in the practice currently there are not so much 4.x clients yet. As usually the first 1-2-3 .x or …x sub-release of any software are available just because of some critical bugs, now we still wait until the new version will be totally stable.)

1 Like

Our company is waiting for support 4.x

Hi, did you write to the vendor directly?

Hi All! ( Especially: @joeyk @mikew @xlaber )

I’m glad to announce that after a long period we have some updates on the plugin and now we have also a brand new Mautic 4 compatible version.

As from now we have discrete Mautic 3 and Mautic 4 versions, we changed the version number logic behind our plugins to better reflect it. In the future 3.*.* plugins will be compatible with Mautic 3, while 4.*.* plugins will be compatible with Mautic 4.

Our corrections for Mautic 3 including but not limited to…

• OPTIMIZATION Further more optimized manual for totaly clear usage.
  • OPTIMIZATION New version numbering logic aligned to the major Mautic versions.
  • BUGFIX 3 character browser version handling.
  • BUGFIX Licence handling.

…while the Mautic 4 version contains exactly the same functionalities as the Mautic 3 version.

As our plugins usually it is based on 1 year subscription plans. After a year if you want to use further you need to renew the subscription.

Basically M3 and M4 versions of one plugin are cross-compatible from the license aspect but you have to know how:

Mainly our current subscribers, but basically for any of have to know the following:

As with a license purchase you will subscibre to only one instance of the plugin (activated to your or one of your Mautic(s)) - while Mautic 3 and Mautic 4 versions are discrete products - to keep this one instance per license limit you have to choose which version do you want to use, and activate the license on that Mautic instance, where you can activate just the coresponding plugin version (eg.: on Mautic 4 the plugin for Mautic 4). This could lead some problems to our previous subscribers what we definitely do not want, as we told more times to our valuable subscribers that we will release Mautic 4 version of our plugins and - therefore - we really do not want to bind their licenses to only one version of the plugin (especially to the older one). To handle the situation all Mautic 3 plugin licenses could be upgraded to Mautic 4 licenses and vice-versa (as downgrade), so if you have a license for ‘FCM for M3’, you can easily upgrade the license to ‘FCM for M4’ on our LeadEngine site, at your profile, at your already puchased items. After your license upgrade the license key will stay the same, but from that point will be invalid for M3 but will be valid for M4 version of the plugin. Later, in case of any reason you want to step back and use again the M3 version of the plugin, you have to walk through the same way as before just in this case you need to downgrade your license from M4 to M3. I hope it could be clear for you.

TL;DR

Any of our current FCM plugin subscribers (what is now a discrete ‘FCM for M3’ license) can freely and easily convert their ‘FCM for M3’ licenses to ‘FCM for M4 licenses’ (on the profile page of the LeadEngine webpage) and use their original subscription already for Mautic 4. If you want to step back you can also convert the license back to M3 version of it. The point is that in one time you can only use your subscribtion for only one instance, only one Mautic version.

Any new interested users can ‘purchase’ them from our site:

As all of our plugins these also have embeded notifications about new versions but because we changed the URL of the orginal product, the link in the upgrade notification of our previous version is broken. Now you have to go to one of our links above and ‘use’ the product from there but in the current version we already use the new URL, therefore the problem will be solved.

Please feel free to use them, and do not hasitate to tell me if you have any problems.

Thank you so much for this. Appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @ebola - my company has purchased the plugin and we’ve run into an issue. We reached out through your site but have not heard back.

We’re using Mautic 4 and have successfully installed the plugin. I manually created 1 contact and updated the push_id via calling the /appcallback endpoint. The push_id (push token) was verified to be working via the FCM Dashboard beforehand.

I created a campaign to test sending. I used the console force the campaign to run. I did not receive the push notification, and the following was output to the console.

Triggering events for newly added contacts
1 total events(s) to be processed in batches of 100 contacts
 1/1 [============================] 100%PHP Notice:  Undefined index: headers in /var/www/mautic/dfs/docroot/plugins/FCMNotificationBundle/Api/FCMApi.php on line 125
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: headers in /var/www/mautic/dfs/docroot/plugins/FCMNotificationBundle/Api/FCMApi.php on line 125

I can’t look at line 125 because that file is encrypted.

Hi @ebola , thank you for developing this module.

I purchased the module some weeks ago for a client and I am having some configuration/technical issues.
How can I get support from your team?