Form Alias Problem

Dear Mautic,

I saw that it is not possible to change the alias of a form after it has been created.

The alias is being used to keep the form onscreen by using an anchor.

But I was able to change that in mysql by changing the alias column in the forms table.

By changing that, I discovered that (-) hyphens in an alias are not a good idea because when you submit a form, you will get a insert mysql error.

Also I change the form result table: form_results_{id}_{alias} to match the new alias name

The reason why I ask this, is because one of our templates uses hyphens in the anchors.You would say then delete the hyphens in the anchor but the hyphens are added programmatically in our CMS system.

Can this be fixed or does somebody have another idea?

Example:

Form name: hi there

Alias: hithere

Change alias to: hi-there because of existing anchor #hi-there

Change result table to: form_results_1_hi-there

When you submit the form, the form stays active and you will see an error message or success message.

But in Mautic, no form is receive => error in log that could not insert in table

PS: I used following success message: http://www.example.com/?mauticMessage=Thanks%20for%20your%20submission#hi-there

Kind Regards

Nick

Dear Mautic,

I saw that it is not possible to change the alias of a form after it has been created.
The alias is being used to keep the form onscreen by using an anchor.
But I was able to change that in mysql by changing the alias column in the forms table.

By changing that, I discovered that (-) hyphens in an alias are not a good idea because when you submit a form, you will get a insert mysql error.
Also I change the form result table: form_results_{id}_{alias} to match the new alias name

The reason why I ask this, is because one of our templates uses hyphens in the anchors.You would say then delete the hyphens in the anchor but the hyphens are added programmatically in our CMS system.

Can this be fixed or does somebody have another idea?

Example:
Form name: hi there
Alias: hithere

Change alias to: hi-there because of existing anchor #hi-there
Change result table to: form_results_1_hi-there

When you submit the form, the form stays active and you will see an error message or success message.
But in Mautic, no form is receive => error in log that could not insert in table

PS: I used following success message: http://www.example.com/?mauticMessage=Thanks%20for%20your%20submission#hi-there

Kind Regards

Nick