I’ve noticed a few problems with forms and form fields.
- When I create a form, I have to be really careful about the order of the fields because if I try to change the fields or their order afterwards the form won’t be displayed properly. I’ll either get double fields, or the submit button will be at the top of the form for some reason. Granted I’ve been embedding forms into Wordpress by installing the WP plugin but still. This sometimes happens even if I only change which fields are required and the order stays the same - maybe 20% of the time.
- This is purely a Mautic problem as its not related to WP. If I delete a form and later on create a new one sometimes the new one will get the ID of the deleted form. When this happens the new form will have all the fields of the deleted one - basically it’ll be its clone.
- When I clone forms, often times after saving the cloned form, I’ll get an error saying “I think I broke it” - from the bot, after which the form will display every field twice. I have a lot of forms so I thought this might be caused by my VPS due to low memory - only 512MB. If this is the cause how much memory do you recommend for a VPS running Mautic?
I just thought I should point these out. I also think I have a workaround for all of the above.
- instead of embedding forms into WP (I don’t know if it happens on other CMSs) create a landing page in Mautic and embed the form there. Obviously link to the landing page from WP or display it in an iframe. Not elegant but better then a broken form.
- Don’t delete forms, just rename them to something so they’ll be the last in your form list. Like insert zzz at the start of the form name instead of deleting it.
- Hopefully solution for #1 solves this as well. If I preview the forms in Mautic they seem fine. I’ll test this today and report if this mitigates the problem.
If someone has a patch or fix for any of the above problems I’d really appreciate it. Also if someone finds a more elegant workaround until we have a proper solution please post it here (at least the link) so others having the same problem can easily find it.