Form submission not attributed to contact?

I’ve almost got Mautic working nicely, except my campaigns fall apart when using form submissions as “decision” that would trigger more actions.

My simple test campaign is:

1. Send initial email with link to a landing page. The landing page has a form on it.
  2. Test user gets the email, clicks the link to the page, then submits the form.
  3. send a delayed email to contacts who fill out the form (we never get here).

The form itself shows the result, but the campaign doesn’t register the form submission. The form result seems anonymous (just IP) and the user’s contact doesn’t show a form submission activity either. Did I miss a step in making my form track when a contact fills it out? Does the form need to have a field that correlates to an existing contact field?

All other events (email opens, page visits) trigger normally. Thanks for any help you can offer.

I’ve almost got Mautic working nicely, except my campaigns fall apart when using form submissions as “decision” that would trigger more actions.

My simple test campaign is:

1. Send initial email with link to a landing page. The landing page has a form on it.
  2. Test user gets the email, clicks the link to the page, then submits the form.
  3. send a delayed email to contacts who fill out the form (we never get here).

The form itself shows the result, but the campaign doesn’t register the form submission. The form result seems anonymous (just IP) and the user’s contact doesn’t show a form submission activity either. Did I miss a step in making my form track when a contact fills it out? Does the form need to have a field that correlates to an existing contact field?

All other events (email opens, page visits) trigger normally. Thanks for any help you can offer.