Forms stall randomly on submit

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.1.2
My PHP version is: 7.3.24
My Database type and version is: 10.3.25

Your problem
I have landing pages setup with forms but forms submit unreliably. Sometimes it works sometimes it just gets stuck at loading. Last night it was working for hours during testing. Today no dice. 1 in two form submits fails continually and not just for a few seconds but for the entire session in that browser.

Forms and landing pages use the blank theme so it has no externall scripts and config on it that could stall submission.

Practically this does not make me hopeful that I’ll get any good responses to landing pages if Mautic keeps on being unpredictable in every way imaginable.

The error logs seem to imply that Mautic is having issues pushing data of unsupported data type into the log.

These errors are showing in the log:

• No errors in Mautic’s error log within 3hours

Apache error log reports:
[Mon Nov 09 16:37:50.114815 2020] [php7:error] [pid 696] [client 10.219.198.175:56722] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 3 passed to Monolog\Logger::log() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/html/app/bundles/CoreBundle/ErrorHandler/ErrorHandler.php on line 424 and defined in /var/www/html/vendor/monolog/monolog/src/Monolog/Logger.php:610\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/app/bundles/CoreBundle/ErrorHandler/ErrorHandler.php(424): Monolog\Logger->log(‘notice’, ‘PHP Notice - Un…’, NULL)\n#1 /var/www/html/app/bundles/CoreBundle/ErrorHandler/ErrorHandler.php(173): Mautic\CoreBundle\ErrorHandler\ErrorHandler->log(‘notice’, ‘PHP Notice - Un…’, NULL)\n#2 [internal function]: Mautic\CoreBundle\ErrorHandler\ErrorHandler->handleError(8, ‘PHP Notice - Un…’, ‘Unknown’, 0, NULL)\n#3 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/vendor/monolog/monolog/src/Monolog/Logger.php on line 610, referer: https://contact.nutriwise.co.za/s/forms/view/5
[Mon Nov 09 16:40:26.783479 2020] [core:notice] [pid 693] AH00051: child pid 696 exit signal Segmentation fault (11), possible coredump in /etc/apache2

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

• I’ve cleared cache
  • I’ve refreshed the landing page. But it just gets stuck again
  • Checked if the server is busy (see screenshot). Server has ample CPU, Ram, Dist and resources available it’s idling.
  • child pid 696 exit signal Segmentation fault (11), possible coredump seems to point to Apache running out of memory. Memory is set to 1024mb (2x the minimum recommendation).
  • Uncaught TypeError: Argument 3 passed to Monolog\Logger::log() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/html/app/bundles/CoreBundle/ErrorHandler/ErrorHandler.php on line 424 – Looks like a decent coding error to me.

I notice this question has been asked before but all the solutions for previous topics about this have been deleted.

This one seemed to be popular before.
https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/8154-form-is-hang-on-submit-button-after-hit-submit

Did this forum lose data or are old forum posts just being dropped?

@Mikey @EJL Have you seen forms refuse to finish submit on your installations?

Figured out problem on my end.

The principal domain in Mautic configuration wasn’t set properly to use SSL. Once set with https://, you have to edit, apply, and save each FORM.

Then delete Mautic Cache. Should work.

Is there a solution to this issue?