FULL NAME field?

Has anyone found a way to make a single name field (I can rename f_name to become a full name field) but then to break it into first and last name components afterwards? It seems like it’s either full name in a single field OR separate first and last names.

Thanks for any help!

Has anyone found a way to make a single name field (I can rename f_name to become a full name field) but then to break it into first and last name components afterwards? It seems like it’s either full name in a single field OR separate first and last names.

Thanks for any help!

@cwebber, Sounds like a slightly ugly use case, but if you really need to do it you could create a custom field for fullname, and then do your split in the DB with a trigger?

This isn’t a standard practice due to the principle of atomicity. Fields should not be multivalued. We commonly see the first name as being its own value, along the last name.

Why are you exploring this route?

I am exploring this because each additional field has a pretty large effect on form abandonment. If we could get that in one field, with the ability to break it into first and last after words would be great.