gmail monitored folders

Hello: I have had quite the journey setting up emails and specifically the bounce and unsubscribe features. I have the sending email portion set just fine but I am trying to set the monitored email and specifically the specific folders. Interestingly when I first set up a monitored email and select the dropdown to choose which folder to monitor for bounces or unsubscribes I actually see the specific folders (with the same names) to collect these notices from amazon.

in other words, the gmail address used in Amazon SES returns a notification to that inbox. I then created folders and wrote rules to move the appropriate message into that folder.

When I configure Mautic, I can see and select the folders. However; the settings do not stay and they resort to Inbox and Trash.

I can delete all the setting and reset the folders which, again the folders I want are selected but they default again to Inbox and trash. Any idea how to get this to work. There are no error messages.

Thanks, Rich

Hello: I have had quite the journey setting up emails and specifically the bounce and unsubscribe features. I have the sending email portion set just fine but I am trying to set the monitored email and specifically the specific folders. Interestingly when I first set up a monitored email and select the dropdown to choose which folder to monitor for bounces or unsubscribes I actually see the specific folders (with the same names) to collect these notices from amazon.

in other words, the gmail address used in Amazon SES returns a notification to that inbox. I then created folders and wrote rules to move the appropriate message into that folder.

When I configure Mautic, I can see and select the folders. However; the settings do not stay and they resort to Inbox and Trash.

I can delete all the setting and reset the folders which, again the folders I want are selected but they default again to Inbox and trash. Any idea how to get this to work. There are no error messages.

Thanks, Rich

Any help on this error? Here is a document that demonstrates what is happening.

I’m seeing the same problem: testing connection shows all the imap folders, non-INBOX folders can be selected, but when saved it becomes invalid.

In our case outgoing email is also Amazon SES, but bounces and complaints configured via Amazon SNS to go via our email service (fastmail.com) into IMAP folders - no use of gmail in our case.

Nigel

This is still happening for me today.

I initially can select a label or folder called ‘marketing’, which is where the alias email would be filed but upon saving the system gives me the invalid message and then doesn’t show the folder as selectable again.

I have it running over the inbox but that’s not ideal either because upon checking emails it looks as if the emails coming to the inbox have been read.

EDIT: I just retested this and it’s now working, how strange :wink:

Cheers

Derek

Just to say I’m experiencing the same problem. I’ve raised an issue on Github for this: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/1472

As a workaround (Rather inefficient I know!) you could set up a secondary mail account for the unsubscribes and put the separate creds in - that way you would have two different email accounts using ‘inbox’.

I know it’s not ideal but it’s something to get going with until there’s a fix I guess!

Ruth

I am having the exact same problem for 2 days now and can’t manage to get it magically to work.

Complete description with screenshots right here:

https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/6551-smtp-settings-doesn-t-get-saved

I opened as well another Issue on github: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/3195