SMTP Settings doesn't get saved

Hey there,

I have set up mautic self hosted with Amazon SES with the SMTP Settings as explained in this medium post.

But something strange is happening. I save the options and everything seems alright. I can test the connection without any errors. But when I navigate away from the page the settings get reseted.

Additionally, if I set up the IMAP Settings within the Default Account Section, and click on “test connection and fetch folders” everything seems to work. I can select the folders from within the Bounces and Complaints sections. But when I save the settings the folders get reseted and I get an error message that I can not choose these folders. I now only see the Inbox folder within the dropdown fields. If I click again on “test connection and fetch folders” I can select them again, but they get always resetted when saving the options.

Not sure why this is happening or whats wrong.

Maybe someone knows what could be happening or wrong.

Thanks!

Hey there,
I have set up mautic self hosted with Amazon SES with the SMTP Settings as explained in this medium post.

But something strange is happening. I save the options and everything seems alright. I can test the connection without any errors. But when I navigate away from the page the settings get reseted.

Additionally, if I set up the IMAP Settings within the Default Account Section, and click on “test connection and fetch folders” everything seems to work. I can select the folders from within the Bounces and Complaints sections. But when I save the settings the folders get reseted and I get an error message that I can not choose these folders. I now only see the Inbox folder within the dropdown fields. If I click again on “test connection and fetch folders” I can select them again, but they get always resetted when saving the options.

Not sure why this is happening or whats wrong.

Maybe someone knows what could be happening or wrong.

Thanks!

Regarding the first problem with the “Mail Send Settings”, I noticed that the info within my local.php config file never got updated. So maybe that was the problem. I reinstalled it and entered this time the right credentials.

Anyway, the second problem persists. I enter my IMAP Details and click on “Test connection and fetch folders”

I scroll down and select the folders from within the dropdown. Than I save my settings.

Once I click on Apply the settings save, the site reloads and I get an error notice within “Email Settings”

If I go back to the “Email Settings” and scroll down again, my settings are reseted. The Folders are not any more selectable and I get an error notice saying “This value is not valid”. I can only select an INBOX and TRASH Folder by now, until I click again on the “Test connection and fetch folders” Button within the “Default Mailbox” Section.

And I actually just noticed, once I navigate away from the page, even the “Default Mailbox” Settings get reseted.

I think these topics are related, but no solution…

https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/1485-gmail-monitored-folders/0

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/1472

I opened as well another Issue on github: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/3195

I tried to set up everything with sendgrid, but now I see that it always returns back to the settings I defined upon installation. So my SMTP settings are not saved neither. The loca.php config file is writeable, the logs don’t say anything and if I check it with chrome developer tools I don’t get any errors.

@MxyzptlkFishStix Okay, thanks a lot! That was indeed causing the problem of not updating the config (This is insane bad UX – One always thinks that I am only updating/saving the settings for the section I am currently in, not for every single one that is there).

But the gmail folder for bounces and unsubscribe requests still persists.

And btw. this even happens if I follow the directions of the Medium Post, using “Custom connection settings”. The folders get only fetched when I click on the “Test connection and fetch folder” button, but gets reseted once I try to save my options.

1 Like