Unable To Save Settings

Hi all

Just installed Mautic and having an issue saving configuration settings.

When I either click “Apply” or Save and Close" I get the greyed out screen saying “Please Wait” and it just hangs there.

I see the update wheel turn under the grey out but it never resolves and never saves.

Any help would be welcome

Thanks,

Barry

Hi all

Just installed Mautic and having an issue saving configuration settings.

When I either click “Apply” or Save and Close" I get the greyed out screen saying “Please Wait” and it just hangs there.
I see the update wheel turn under the grey out but it never resolves and never saves.

Any help would be welcome

Thanks,
Barry

Hi.
The version number is v2.6.1
Barry

What’s up with all of these unanswered tickets? Shouldn’t we assume that each question represents at least a dozen users who haven’t piped in?

SO… I’m having the same issue on three different Mautic instances. The latest instance is literally a fresh installation of Bitnami’s 2.7.1 version of Mautic.

R

@gigcity, I understand your frustration with unanswered tickets. Hence why I do my best to answer what I can.

Have you tried a self hosted version (set up a micro instance on amazon, download the zip, and install).

I’d be curious to know whether you have the same issue.

@JoPitts - I guess I’ve been a bit lazy with using the Bitnami AWS Image. I created this latest 2.7.1 instance and manually moved all of my contacts over just to test. The main problem with the new clean instance is that it’s not ‘holding’ my email settings. It changes by Amazon SES user to my personal email address (same as the admin user email) – and it changes by monitored email address (for bounces) to that same email address. Obviously - the biggest problem is that it’s now marking contacts that email me as ‘Do Not Send’. ugh.

@MxyzptlkFishStix – AH!! I mistakenly thought that some of the developers watched these forums in hopes of flagging issues as bugs and resolving them.

I have searched the forums for ‘Configuration doesn’t save’ and for ‘local.php’ – the problem is that the search results are not in chronological order. Tell you the truth, for all of my questions/issues, I do search forums first. I’m happy to roll-up my sleeves. Can you point me to the post to follow?

Here’s what I’ve attempted so far:

1. Cleared Cache
  2. Increased php memory limit
  3. Updated User/Authentication with placeholder information (I do not get any red warnings)
  4. File & Folder permissions are perfect (all greens there)
  5. chmod -R 777 /config

Basically when I hit ‘Save & Close’ in Configuration, it changes SES user and monitored email address to my login email address.

SO — I found the answer:

cd mautic/htdocs/app/config/ ls -alh

I noticed that local.php was chgrp & chown to the mautic app user & group - BUT the other files were chown by root.

This fixed my issue.

sudo chown 'mautic user' *.php

@MxyzptlkFishStix — thanks for the patience. I HAVE seen numerous posts saying the user/group permissions were important. I had assumed that my “chmod 777” of files in that folder made it a non-issue. I also assumed that the all greens in the file permission area of Sys Info would have given me a warning. I’m not sure why this worked - but it did.

@barryrodgers – try this out. I’m curious to see if it fixes things for you.

@gigcity regarding chowning… I’ve had once many 500 errors due to filesystem permissions, and resolved them like this:

I’ve written about this here. Also this thread is related.