Configuration problem

Hello!

I have installed mautic on my web server, but the settings in configuration can’t be saved.

After I click apply button, the settings always return to default values.

It happens on RC2 but I can’t test on RC4 because I can’t change the update stability level and upgrade mautic.

Is this a bug? Thanks for any help!

Hello!

I have installed mautic on my web server, but the settings in configuration can’t be saved.

After I click apply button, the settings always return to default values.

It happens on RC2 but I can’t test on RC4 because I can’t change the update stability level and upgrade mautic.

Is this a bug? Thanks for any help!

Hi rpghome:

Can you give us some info on your hosting environment? Things like:

-web server
-php
-running fastcgi mode?

It sounds like it could be permissions related since the config file can’t be updated. I would recommend just updating the config file manually - but my guess is that the deeper issue won’t be solved and you’ll continue to experience issues in the future.

Hi chad!

I have tried changing the permissions to 777, but the same problem.

My web server: Apache

PHP: 5.3.28

running fastcgi: NO

Thank you!

Hi Rpghome:

Can you try deleting this directory:

app / cache / prod

Its possible the config file is getting written but the cache is not reset. That could also be from permissions.

If you can - running FastCGi would enable PHP to run as the apache user, which helps to eliminate a lot of permissions issues, if you’re able to do that or ask your host to do that, it would probably help you a lot.

Hi chad!

I also have tried deleting the cache in prod directory, but no use.

As for FastCGi, I will try your advice.

Thanks for your help!

Hello, I have a similar situation. I opened this thread to follow it. I tried all the recommended answers from this one and nothing helped.

@rpghome: have you been able to solve your issue?

I’d like to know if this is still an issue. @marcelop what version of Mautic are you using? Can you share any of your hosting permissions? Directory ownership? Is the web server the file owner?

We’ll get this solved!

Thanks,
David

Thank you for your interest. I’ve already solved this: the issue was caused by a very restrictive mod_security rule. Just disabled modsec and everything is ok now.
Thanks!

Hi Marcelop

Would you mind posting the rule (if you remember) here. Most hosting companies share those rulesets around, so if one person had an issue there may be more people with it. If we can figure out a way to code around it or ask hosting companies to modify the rule that would be good to help other users.

Hi. I simply deactivated the entire mod_sec thing. If I find a while today, I’ll reactivate it and try to detect which one was triggering the block.

If it helps I think that will show up in either php or apache (if you’re using apache) error logs. Should identify the ruleset precisely.

modsec logs is the place to search. I’ll let you now if I find it out

Hi, sorry for the delay. Now with v1.0.3 the config screen is correctly saving settings, even with mod_security fully enabled!
Anyway, we will be paying attention to any problems that could arise…
Thanks!