save and close, apply not working

just before i download and try mautic but when i try to change the settings its struck up as process and stayed there. if i change the email setting and test the testing done email test send done but when try to save and close or apply it just process. after i close the page and reopen means the exiting settings only shows.

just before i download and try mautic but when i try to change the settings its struck up as process and stayed there. if i change the email setting and test the testing done email test send done but when try to save and close or apply it just process. after i close the page and reopen means the exiting settings only shows.

when i try to configuration in settings appy are save and close it just tell please wait… and struck up

Any error messages in the logs?

@karthikeyan , I was facing same problem then I’ve changed the hosting service to reseller plan which gives you some better tools due to WHM panel. Otherwise I did not find another way to know if any hosting plan is 100% Mautic compatible. Advise, do not install Mautc via Softaculos (cPanel) because you don’t know if it will run nicely. Do a manual installation so it tells you if you need install any PHP extension or config anything else.

I had that kind of problems in the past and was due to permissions, check that you have write permissions on the files under the folder app/config

Try chmod -R 777 /config

@seti , I’ve changed permissions to 777 into /app/config via cPanel’s File Manager.

Make sure that the file “local.php” also have permissions.

I hope this help!

@seti All files into /app/config folder have 0777 permission but did not worked.

Setting permissions to 777 is considered as server vulnerability. Rather configure the right with user/group for PHP.

The only way how to know what is causing the problem is to look in the logs as I suggested before.

I was experiencing this problem. I did a manual install & made sure there were no problems detected by Mautic, but the Save&Close/Apply hanging problem persists.

The Mautic log is empty except for an error you’ll get if using php5.6. But no errors appear when clicking Save&Close/Apply.

However, Chrome’s dev tool throws an error every time Save&Close/Apply button is clicked:

POST http://example.com/mautic/s/emails/new?mauticUserLastActive=1&mauticLastNotificationId=11   403 (Forbidden)         libraries.js:670

This is a good sign that the request isn’t even making it to Mautic because it’s being blocked at the server. Many hosting providers use ModSecurity & it can block these requests. Have your provider whitelist your domain & it should fix this problem.

No, I think everyone with a bit of common sense uses ModSecurity.

The real question is:
Why don’t coders ever use ModSecurity when developing their software?
Is it because they never care to test in an actual live environment on a server (as opposed to running it on their hard drive)?

Even though I don’t know much about ModSecurity something tells me that whitelisting the entire domain would be dumb.

2016, and I have the same problem…

Which rule is it triggering?
The tracking pixel can also trigger mod_security blocks. (Check your server error logs, I don’t believe it shows up on Mautic’s log file)

White listing an entire domain defeats the purpose of Mod Security. It’s better to adjust the rule rather than a global whitelist.

Hi, I have the same problem. While installing Mautic the only extension it asked for not being there is some color highlighting in command line.

In the log there is just this:

[2017-01-18 13:09:37] mautic.WARNING: IP LOOKUP: The file “/home/www/bennu.cz/www/mautic.bennu.cz/app/cache/prod/…/ip_data/GeoLite2-City.mmdb” does not exist or is not readable. [] []

Resetting the folders to 750 didn’t help either. Any suggestions please?

Thank you.