Host Gator Installation Error(s)

Has anyone successfully installed Mautic on any Host Gator platform?

I have tried and have various errors based upon the version of php.

Please let me know if someone has had success or any input.

Thanks,

CJ

Has anyone successfully installed Mautic on any Host Gator platform?

I have tried and have various errors based upon the version of php.

Please let me know if someone has had success or any input.

Thanks,
CJ

@SurePayCJ Try to stay away from Host Gator, it’s very oversold, get a VPS on Digital Ocean instead, use my referral link to get $10 free credit: https://m.do.co/c/7a85b33e64cf

Yosu, I want to initially spend as little as possible to confirm that Mautic will provide what I am looking for, since you mentioned that 99% of the shared hosting will work, can you clarify a bit further? I have spent too much time and money at this point to make another error. So if you can be specific regarding the exact monthly plan to select would extremely helpful.

Thank you so much for your time and attention.

Caston

@SurePayCJ The main (and probably the only) advantage of shared hosting is that you can set mautic up without having extensive sysadmin knowledge.

However, there are several problems with shared hosting:

• Most shared hosting providers oversell (they put more users/websites on a server that what the server can physically hold).
  • The stack and the environment (Apache, PHP, Mysql) must be broad and generic to accommodate a huge variety of scripts, hence its hard (if not impossible) to optimize the already scarce resources they give you for mautic.
  • The few quality shared hosts that exist, are more expensive than a basic VPS, and still don’t give you the same freedom and usually neither the same performance.
  • You still have to know/learn the basics of Apache, PHP and Mysql administration.
  • Because administrative tasks are done through a control panel, you also need to learn to use the panel.

A VPS on the other side, is on all accounts the same as having your own dedicated server (just smaller):

• You have your dedicated resources, like RAM and vCPU
  • You have the freedom to install any packages you need and configure them as you see fit.
  • On digital Ocean you can get a nice VPS (called a droplet) for $10/month (hence you can try it for free using my link).
  • You can upgrade to a bigger server, which doubles both CPU and RAM with just a few clicks.

There is also a $5 Droplet, the problem is that with less than 1GB RAM, you need a greater level of sysadmin skills to make it work properly. While mautic will indeed run there, I don’t recommend it for beginners.
Digital Ocean support is very helpful, they usually go beyond their basic obligations and help you with your script’s problems.

TL/DR:
If you don’t have any sysadmin skills and are not willing to learn, get a FREE account at mautic.com. It doesn’t get any easier than this!
If you have the skills or are willing to learn, go for the real thing, get a VPS and learn to manage your own IT infrastructure, it will always pay off 200% in the long run because you’re not just learning how to properly run mautic, you are learning how to run ANY PHP script on your own server.

Yosu,
Your answer is much appreciated. I will try the VPS and let you know the results. !
Muchos Gracias!

Caston

Good luck fellow mautician!

Happy to report that Digital Ocean worked well… I appreciate your help and advice.

Caston

You are welcome, enjoy!

Having an issue with IMAP in the email Monitoring settings area… any ideas why this is an issue and the problem(s) it would present?

Thank-you for your time.