Can't run mautic in hostgator shared host

Your software
My Mautic version is: latest one (just downloaded today)
My PHP version is: 7.3

My problem is:
I uploaded mautic folder in shared space of hostgator but I can’t reach out the installation process on the web although there is no problem with the domain
These errors are showing in the log:
" Parse error : syntax error, unexpected ‘$value’ (T_VARIABLE) in /home3/monicateder/cas-supply.info/mautic/vendor/aws/aws-sdk-php/src/functions.php on line 36"

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
Called hostgator’s support service and they said we don’t support such technical issues you must ask from mautic support team.

Please advice

Hi,
And you shouldn’t.
Rather get a 10 dollar Linode, it will be powerful enough.

1 Like

If you insist your running Mautic on HostGator, would recommend checking which PHP version is enabled in your cPanel. Usually shared hosts have multiple PHP versions installed in parallel and there is a “selector” to choose which version you want to enable for each add-on domain.

However please strongly consider taking @joeyk’s suggestion of using a VPS instead. We have seen all sorts of weird problems crop up with people hosting Mautic on shared hosting. Usually, the web host will limit the interval or execution time of cron jobs, causing certain background processes in Mautic to fail. You’ll thank yourself later, and save yourself a lot of hassle migrating your database if you start with a VPS.