How can I optimize my crons to work more like Mautic Cloud?

When comparing Mautic Cloud to the self-hosted version of Mautic (Bitmatic), I noticed that Mautic Cloud’s cronjobs appear to run much more efficiently than the open source version. When importing contacts in Mautic Cloud, for instance, it automatically determines whether it should run in the browser or in the background depending on the number of contacts that are imported and if it does choose to run in the background, the contacts automatically start to be imported rather than waiting for the scheduled cronjob.

Is there a way to configure this for the self-hosted version of Mautic?

When comparing Mautic Cloud to the self-hosted version of Mautic (Bitmatic), I noticed that Mautic Cloud’s cronjobs appear to run much more efficiently than the open source version. When importing contacts in Mautic Cloud, for instance, it automatically determines whether it should run in the browser or in the background depending on the number of contacts that are imported and if it does choose to run in the background, the contacts automatically start to be imported rather than waiting for the scheduled cronjob.

Is there a way to configure this for the self-hosted version of Mautic?