How do fix "console.CRITICAL: Error thrown while running command "messenger:consume email". Message: "You cannot receive messages from the Messenger SyncTransport."?

Your software
My Mautic version is: 5.0.4
My PHP version is: 8.1.27
My Database type and version is: 10.6.16-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.22.04.1

Your problem
My problem is:
This keeps appearing in my log:
console.CRITICAL: Error thrown while running command “messenger:consume email”. Message: "You cannot receive messages from the Messenger SyncTransport.

How do I fix it?

These errors are showing in the log:
console.CRITICAL: Error thrown while running command “messenger:consume email”. Message: "You cannot receive messages from the Messenger SyncTransport.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

Anyone? I need to run that cron job. I just don’t want Mautic to try to use the Messenger SyncTransport since I only use email.

This maybe will help (seems a duplicate of it):

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll have a look!

In other words, I don’t need to run this command (messenger:consume email) during cron unless I use a sync transport. Correct?

Might be good to mention it in the installation docs.

Alternately, not log this error all the time or make the error more helpful (“this is typically caused by there not being a queue transport installed, either remove the messenger:consume email command from your crontab or set up a sync transport”)

Please feel free to make a contribution to the docs to add this note! I’m sure it would be helpful :slight_smile: