How does Mautic flag Bounced Emails internally?

I’ve configured Bounce Management with SES and SNS apparently successfully, but I’m wanting to test it. However, It’s not clear to me how Mautic flags a Contact as having bounced.

If I create a new Segment, in the Filter Options there is a field called “Bounced - Email”. This field doesn’t appear in the Fields list under the Settings drawer on the right hand side, and looking in the database i don’t seem to have one in the Leads table. Needless to say, creating a segment filtered on this field results in no Contacts.

Are they just flagged as Do Not Contact? Something else? I’ve tried sending to a non-existent address, but I can’t see anything obvious changing on the contact, so hard to know if it is working or not.

Cheers

Malcolm

I’ve configured Bounce Management with SES and SNS apparently successfully, but I’m wanting to test it. However, It’s not clear to me how Mautic flags a Contact as having bounced.

If I create a new Segment, in the Filter Options there is a field called “Bounced - Email”. This field doesn’t appear in the Fields list under the Settings drawer on the right hand side, and looking in the database i don’t seem to have one in the Leads table. Needless to say, creating a segment filtered on this field results in no Contacts.

Are they just flagged as Do Not Contact? Something else? I’ve tried sending to a non-existent address, but I can’t see anything obvious changing on the contact, so hard to know if it is working or not.

Cheers
Malcolm