How To Assign "Download and Asset" Action v.1.1

Like the changes to 1.1. Think I’m missing something though.

I’ve not been able to find how to assign a “download an asset” action. Per the creator for a “template” form:

Quote:
All the actions for a form submission will be controlled by the campaign builder.
Does that mean there should be a "Download an Asset" action in the campaign builder? I don't see it there nor on the template form builder.

How should we do this now?

Also, should a "Submits form" decision always be included as the first step in the campaign builder? (Following "Lead sources")

Like the changes to 1.1. Think I’m missing something though.

I’ve not been able to find how to assign a “download an asset” action. Per the creator for a “template” form:

Does that mean there should be a “Download an Asset” action in the campaign builder? I don’t see it there nor on the template form builder.

How should we do this now?

Also, should a “Submits form” decision always be included as the first step in the campaign builder? (Following “Lead sources”)

Hi @shamrick,

So in this case, you’ll have to still go the “old route” as we don’t have the campaign “feeding” downloads back to the form submission. So instead of a campaign form, do a standalone form that adds the lead to a specific list. Then use that list as the source of leads for your campaign.

Thanks!
Alan

An alternative is to attach the asset to an email that the campaign builder can send; depending on the size of the asset.

Thanks Alan.

Does the redirect and asset download both work together using the “old route” now?

Reason I ask is I’m having an issue. Upon submission, I’m directed to this page but it goes no further. It’s just a blank white page.
http://domainname.com/mautic/form/submit?formId=1

I’m using Thrive Themes “Thrive Leads” plug-in. I realize you may/may not be familiar with it but, I use the manual option to copy/paste the form code. Their plugin uses your code to generate the fields and puts them into a 2-step opt-in lightbox.

Thanks,
Shannon

Yes, the “old route” is just what’s referred to now as the “Standalone” form.

The changes made to how a form submits the data should now allow you to feed a download and redirect to a page afterwards.

For the blank page, have you upgraded to 1.1.1 yet?

Thanks,
Alan

Yes, I just did. Didn’t see that update as I just updated to 1.1.0 first thing this morning.

Took a look at the code generated by the plug-in after pasting. Here’s what it looks like. Definitely different from how the code initially looked:

[code]

Name This is required.
Email This is required.
Submit Form
[/code]

Notice it’s missing the CSS and javascript that was originally there. CSS is handled by the plug-in styling. However, is the missing Javascript causing the problem?

Yes it’s different now but the manually copied and manipulated forms should still work.

As for the missing CSS/JS, it should still be there. Are you by chance using a template override in one of your themes for generating the form’s HTML? If so, you might have to reconcile that with the latest version changes.

The blank page problem is likely caused by a fix slipped into 1.1.1 (released just this AM) that affected manually copied forms. Do you still get a blank page after upgrading to 1.1.1?

Alan,

Yes. I am still getting the blank page after upgrading to 1.1.1.

The leads are getting logged in the system though. Just not getting the automatic download or re-direct.

@shamrick,

Can you check app/logs/mautic_prod.php to see if anything is getting recorded? If not there, then check your server’s error log which can be in different places depending on the host.

Thanks,
Alan

Sure.

There is data in the mautic_prod.php file but not since 5.13.15.

Using cPanel, I checked the error log. There was nothing there.

Should I manually paste the missing javascript onto the page? In the head or body tag? Just to be clear, the javascript is in the code within Mautic but it appears the plugin is stripping out everything but HTML.

Ah gotcha; yes you can try manually copying the JS code on the page which should work in either header or body.

@alanhartless,

I copied this much of the javascript from the form to go into the theme right after the body tag. That way it would get loaded once per page.

I copied this into the HTML right above the form:

The lead does get created and I do get an email that there’s been a submission. So it appears everything works in the grand scheme of things except for the redirect.

This is the blank white screen where form takes me after submission: http://mydomainnamehere.com/mautic/form/submit?formId=1

The plug-in I’m using to display the form only likes raw html but it seems like that’s what you have for the most part.

Any suggestions?