Download Assets

Hi, I created a form when completed you will receive a free ebook, it does everything only problems once the download is completed never mind the “Successful Submit Action” you choose it keeps the big blue ribbon and a big blank page. After the auto download is complete shouldn’t it then follow the “Successful Submit Action” you have chosen?

Hi, I created a form when completed you will receive a free ebook, it does everything only problems once the download is completed never mind the “Successful Submit Action” you choose it keeps the big blue ribbon and a big blank page. After the auto download is complete shouldn’t it then follow the “Successful Submit Action” you have chosen?

Yea, that’s a tricky scenario as there’s no easy way to trigger an event once the asset has completely downloaded. The redirect and and download headers (which tell the browser what to do) tend to conflict preventing a download from happening. We can’ t initiate the download after the redirect since most of the forms will be on external pages and thus out of Mautic’s control.

So the only option is to really display a “return to” link in the “message” when configuring the asset download form action. Right now it doesn’t allow HTML, but I just changed that to be a basic editor/html so the next version will include this.

Thanks,
Alan

Thanks that will be perfect … will you guys consider in the future to make the actual form hide once the html message is displayed

Hi Lance,

What’s the setup for your scenario where the form is showing with the html message? If downloading an asset, it should show the asset download message and not the form on a submit. The same should be for other scenarios except for the return to form “post success” action. If that isn’t happening, then we may have to look into a possible bug.

Thanks!
Alan

I’ve used the asset feature for my ebook and that worked great. Now i want to use the asset feature to send my podcasts via email. Can we add the mime type .mp3? It stripped it from the file and when people download it from the email the PC doesnt know what type of file it is.

Hey Alan, the first scenario does that you explain happens as you said but the later doesn’t, doesn’t matter which option you select it only brings back the blue ribbon with the message and the download. This only happens with asset downloads

Here is the error I’m getting:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0hb75su59wJbUs2TWVmUmlqekk/view?usp=sharing

Ok, figured it out…I have to rename my mp3 file with .mp3 at the end for it to download as a media file.

@emailready, asset downloads will only show the message and the download regardless of what you have set as the “successful submit action.” That’s because we can’t redirect and force a download at the same time.

@solacetech, where did you have to change the mp3 extension? In the file before uploading or after you uploaded (both file and database entry)?

Thanks!
Alan

@alanhartless before i upload. Funny enough .ogg files worked perfectly.

We’re using Symfony functions to determine the mime type. It looks like it tries to use “file -b --mime” and/or the PECL extension FileInfo to determine the mime. Could it be that your system doesn’t have the mp3/lame encoder installed? If not, it won’t be able to determine the mime without the extension.

Thanks!
Alan

Possibly. I tried via Android and Win8. My Linux box is down so i didnt try it that way. I switched to .ogg and that worked fine so i’ll stick with it that way although renaming the file with .mp3 at the end worked.