Remote Asset download not triggered

Hi everyone.

I am trying to configure a form with a “Download asset” submit action using a remote asset. However, when I try to fill out the form, the download does not start. I thought there could be some other action interfering since I also had a redirect URL configured after submission, but changing that setting to “remain at form” did not help. If I try uploading a local file as an assed (instead of using the “remote” option with external files hosted somewhere else), and in this case the download is triggered as expected.

I tried searching the forum for some useful piece of information, the only clue I was able to find referred to a self-managed version of Mautic (we are using a free hosted account though). Does anyone have any idea about what I am doing wrong?

Hi everyone.
I am trying to configure a form with a “Download asset” submit action using a remote asset. However, when I try to fill out the form, the download does not start. I thought there could be some other action interfering since I also had a redirect URL configured after submission, but changing that setting to “remain at form” did not help. If I try uploading a local file as an assed (instead of using the “remote” option with external files hosted somewhere else), and in this case the download is triggered as expected.

I tried searching the forum for some useful piece of information, the only clue I was able to find referred to a self-managed version of Mautic (we are using a free hosted account though). Does anyone have any idea about what I am doing wrong?

This seem to me as a bug. The question is if it is a Mautic bug or bug of the hosting service. Let’s assume it is a Mautic bug. Create a new bug request at

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues

with detailed steps to recreate the issue. If anyone will be able to recreate the bug, it’s a Mautic bug.

Ok, thank you for your kind answer… for our experiments we worked this around using another kind of action btw, which is equally fine.