How to configure lead-fields properly

Hello,

I am trying to create an email on-boarding sequence in Mautic. Here, I want to send personalised emails to my contacts. Like,

“Hello John. Thank you for signing up.”

I am trying to use {leadfield=firstname} for achieving this. But I have two questions here-

1. I’ve seen that, besides {leadfield=xxx}, there is another {contactfield=xxx}. What is the difference between these two?
  2. Also, how can I set a default name as fallback if one of my contact has not put in his name somehow?

Please guide. Thanks

Kamelia B

Hello,

I am trying to create an email on-boarding sequence in Mautic. Here, I want to send personalised emails to my contacts. Like,

“Hello John. Thank you for signing up.”

I am trying to use {leadfield=firstname} for achieving this. But I have two questions here-

1. I’ve seen that, besides {leadfield=xxx}, there is another {contactfield=xxx}. What is the difference between these two?
  2. Also, how can I set a default name as fallback if one of my contact has not put in his name somehow?

Please guide. Thanks

Kamelia B

the token was use in version 1.4 {leadfield=firstname} {contactfield=xxx} appear in v2.1 but is the same you can use both without problem.
About the fallback i think you can use DWC in the email.

Thanks @ninjoan and @MxyzptlkFishStix, for helping me out. It solved my issues.

in 3.3.3, for my customfields only contactfield works.