How to use custom date AND time field for conditions in campaign?

Hi from germany,

from https://mautic.com/help/custom-date-conditions/ i know how to use custom date conditions in a campaign. If i use a custom “date only” field for my campaign, everything is working like described, but the same campaign does not work if i use a custom “date AND time”-field.

My goal is to use a “date AND time”-field for a campaign, so that i can realize a reminder for an automated webinar: Send a mail 3 hours, 1 hour and 15 minute bevor a the webinar starts.

For my campaign “Send a mail 1 hour bevor webinar starts”, i used “contact field” as condition, my custom date and time-field “webinar start”, “date” as operator, “custom” as value and “-1” “hour(s)”.

When the “webinar start” field contains “2018-06-19 10:00:00” for a contact, i thought my campaign will send out the mail shortly after “2018-06-19 09:00:00” when the cron job for the campaign was triggerd. But ist does not work, because the “date and time”-condition does not match.

Is there a way how to realize a campaign based reminder on a date AND time field, or is it not supported from mautic at the moment?

1 Like

Hi Omer, thank you for your replay :slight_smile:

the problem with a “time”-only field is, that in a campaign the “date”-operator ist not available (i use the current mautic v2.13.1). It is only available for a “date” and a “date and time” field :frowning:

My next idea was to use a segment, where i use something like “webinar-time” “greater than or equal” than “now”.
In https://www.mautic.org/topic/campaign-rules-based-on-date-comparison/ i’ve seen that we can use “today” als filter, so i just tried it with “now”. After saving the segment, mautic replaced “now” with the current date and time. But this will also not work for my webinar reminder process, because i need a segment filter with always the current date & time. After the cron job updated the segments, the filter in the segment stayed at the time where i saved the segment the first time.
Also when i create a new custom “only time” field, mautic does not save the option “Available for segments”, so i’am also not able to use this field within a segment.

For my case i can not use fixed webinar dates, because we use an automated/simulated webinar solution within our wordpress, which sends the participant-date to mautic using a mautic-form. This way each webinar attendend gets his own webinar start time. So we have more than 10 different webinar start dates per day.

I have a solution to send the webinar reminder without mautic, but it would be very nice, if i also could use mautic for this.

Thank for this idea, but for testing my campaign, i created the contacts direktly in mautic and also set the date/time field manual direct in mautic.

For me it would be very interesting if someone here in the forum already used the “date & time” field with “date” operator successfully in a campaign. I mean not only with “date-only” field like described in https://mautic.com/help/custom-date-conditions/ ? So i would know if i’am doing something wrong, or if the way i want to use it in mautic is not net supported.

I try to accomplish the same thing I grab the evergreen time and try to set up a campaign like this https://mautic.com/help/custom-date-conditions/ using the date/time field to trigger a SMS 5 minutes before event starts but it doesn’t work.
How can we make this work?

Probably it works only with date. I have got this same issue with my webinars. I tried send sms a hour before start. But only field working in campaigns is “date”, no “date/time”. May problem is with ours “default” time and date configuration. I think so.

I think that should be easy to fix. But I don’t know how.

I think this is still ongoing and it only works with date. The time is still ignored.
I am testing a lot of things around that feature right now.

Would be great to get this going properly.

Please keep us updated on this. I am just startig to play with this.

PS Love your Youtube channel, but relying on YT’s best guess translations into English sub titles makes for tough and often funny viewing.

1 Like

Thanks Rob!
I am thinking about making some videos in english would be a good thing. Let’s see…
I am currently using the functions in a huge project and they work pretty good. As soon as testing phase is over, I will make a proper tutorial about how to use it. Also in english!

Thanks, almost all the date-type functionality is not working for me. My 3.3.3 install is 100% so no idea why it would not work for me while it does not for others.

Anniversary +1 days works but anything else does not.
Anniversary +2
Anniversary -1
Today
and so on all do nothing.

I have a client that I am onboarding that really needs this. I am hoping that maybe it starts working with version 4.

really looking fwd to tut. Maybe I am doing some basic mistake in the set up.

1 Like

Unbelievable that sending an Email 15 Minutes before the Time in the DateTime field is still not possible after more than 3 years.
Any other Marketing Automation Software can do this and it is the main reason why I can’t use Mautic right now.

Can someone who is a technician please give priority to fix that?

Best Regards from Switzerland
Patrick

Hi, @LordPatrick

And yet it’s believable.

Couple of Years ago I went to Hubspot and told them about some missing features. They told me it’s not on the roadmap and wished me good luck. Then I went to Eloqua and asked them about another missing feature. They wished me good luck.

Then I started to use with Mautic. I proposed couple of features, found the coder, had it developed as a plugin, wrote the docs, shared it with the community, and now it’s on github anyone can use it.
And I’m benefiting from thousends of other additions to Mautic, that were created the same way.

Open source is not a free all you can eat buffet, but more like a bring some food to the table thing.
If you have no idea about how to code, thats okay too. You can pay people to do it.

4 Likes

Dear Joey

I perfectly agree about that this is the base of Open Source Community :slight_smile:

In this case it is not a feature but would be a bug fix.
A feature is something you can ad to the core or at least to some modules to get additional functionality.

But in this MAUTIC does allow it, but it does not work. It works somehow for days but not for time if you have a custom date time field. So this is clearly a bug and not a feature, we are not at Microsoft here :wink:

Well if it is possible to sponsor the fixing: We will sponsor it.
But we do not know who could do this and whom to sponsor?

We would be glad if anyone knows the solution here.

Best Regards
Patrick

Why do you think it’s a bug? Where can you choose 15 min before option?
Did you mean creating a segment with custom time larger then -15 min?

There is already a PR regarding this topic: Fix datetime contact value campaign condition by kuzmany · Pull Request #10560 · mautic/mautic · GitHub
Unfortunately, for me it didn’t work. Maybe someone else could also try (it’s super easy with Gitpod!) and then give feedback to @kuzmany . We cannot expect the developers to fix everything if do not even support with testing and feedback :slight_smile:

2 Likes