Trigger Campaign Based on Date/Time

Has anyone been able to successfully find a way to trigger a campaign action based on a date/time field in the DB?

My business case is essentially the below:

A user books an appointment for a specific date/time. We would like to send a notification (i.e. reminder) the day before their scheduled appointment. This would essentially need to compare the current date/time to the date/time on the record.

Thoughts?

Also, if this isn’t available we’ll probably end up building out something like this - would anyone be interested in using a solution like this?

Has anyone been able to successfully find a way to trigger a campaign action based on a date/time field in the DB?

My business case is essentially the below:

A user books an appointment for a specific date/time. We would like to send a notification (i.e. reminder) the day before their scheduled appointment. This would essentially need to compare the current date/time to the date/time on the record.

Thoughts?

Also, if this isn’t available we’ll probably end up building out something like this - would anyone be interested in using a solution like this?

I can’t see a simple way to do this, but I’d certainly be interested in hearing if you find/create one

Yes I would use this feature if it were available.

Great idea!! will use it!!

I have not used this yet but it looks promising:

https://github.com/thirdset/ThirdSetMauticTimingBundle/blob/master/README.md

@balkee listed a great solution, too:

https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/2771-sending-campaign-emails-during-specific-hours/0

Create a segment with a filter like [appointment date field] equals tomorrow. Use this segment to feed a campaign with the reminder. One day before the appointment date, the contact is added dynamically to the segment and the reminder email is sent out.

Limitations:

• The reminder email will be sent out when the day changes (midnight)
  • AFAIK the filter value accepts only “today”, “tomorrow”, “yesterday” - in your described case it is fine buf if you want to remind 2 days in advance you would need something like “today+2” which I could not test positively

very creative @PeterTL!

I take that as a compliment!

As you should, my fellow Mautic brother.

I tryed this solution, but unfortunately, it doesn’t take in consideration time, only date. So if you need something to happen on a specific date/time custom field, it won’t work.