If Mautic can send email, why integrate with email senders like Mailchimp or Amazon Sendgrid?

Hey guys,

Newbie to marketing automation. I’m trying to learn how this marketing automation works. I don’t understand why you would integrate Mautic with Mailchimp if Mautic can send emails for your campaign? That seems like redundancy that would increase your cost, not decrease.

Would you also use Leadpages because it has better page creation tools or does Mautic do the same thing?

Really confused.

Felix

Hey guys,

Newbie to marketing automation. I’m trying to learn how this marketing automation works. I don’t understand why you would integrate Mautic with Mailchimp if Mautic can send emails for your campaign? That seems like redundancy that would increase your cost, not decrease.

Would you also use Leadpages because it has better page creation tools or does Mautic do the same thing?

Really confused.

Felix

Thanks Fishstix.

So that mean you can’t use gmail because they probably won’t like it if you send 50,000 emails a wee? or can you? If not then who do you use?

Mailchimp and the other services seems to be very expensive if you send more than a few thousand emails.

I had hoped that I wouldn’t have to run my own mail server. Maintenance is a giant pain in the neck. I just want to do my business and not have to worry about the hardware and software.

@felix375 : Your best choice is Amazon SES, they are best and very cheap, I am using couple of year and its work awesome. But you should look carefully in your spam rates; if its goes 0.5% up, SES will disable your account and you will be stuck for while until you find another solutions.

@felix375 your question is somewhat complex…

But Mautic isn’t for sending emails in the traditional sense. They’re marketing software. Email isn’t the focus of Mautic.

Let me begin by saying email marketing and sending emails en masse is very difficult. There are a ton of variables involved with email deliverability, many of which you’ll never know about until you start having issues, if you even notice the issues.

I have been using SendGrid for years, even before they allowed marketing emails. They started off as transactional emails only - meaning emails for “Thanks for registering, please confirm your email address” to “Password reset emails”.

Sendgrid is extremely cheap, considering all the flexibility you get. You can get custom dedicated IPs to use, you can set up DKIM and SPF records to have your emails completely whitelabeled - meaning Gmail or other providers won’t say “via @mailchip.com” or something else. The whitelabeling can definitely help to keep you off black lists.

I’m not affiliated with Sendgrid in any way. If you look at their website they power Airbnb, Uber, Spotify, and foursquare. They send billions of emails a month and are one of the largest email senders in the world.

We’ve been using SendInBlue for a few months for transactional mail. Its been working great, but we seem to have a problem with it and using Mautic.

When links of an email are re-written by Mautic it seems they are then re-written by SendInBlue. As a result we get 404’s when people click on the links.

Has anyone had anything similar with SendGrid or Amazon?

UPDATE:
I’ve just switched to using PHP Mail and still have the same issue.

Another thing to note here is that I am using HTML email with a theme and builder. I have exported out the HTML from the builder, tweaked this in Dreamweaver and uploaded all of the images etc to the sites server(not mautic, the external URL of the site). The links fail with 404 errors.

Any ideas?

Hello,

Did you find any issue with this problem ? I’m having the same trouble and can’t find any solution.

Thank you