Implementing the double optin campaign

I followed this instruction: https://www.mautic.org/blog/integrator/creating-a-double-opt-in-email-campaign/

However, the general Overview of the campaign tells me it never run. Even after four tests. I received all the confirmation emails (sent through sendgrid), confirmed them and also received the acknowledgement by the landing page set up as confirmation. Still, all four emails didn’t move from the pending to confirmed list…

Did someone else set it up correctly? How is the successful hit to the landing page tracked? By cookie? But URL parameter (can’t see it as its replaced by a sendgrid URL).

@alanhartless How is this double opt-in process (from your blog article) going to work without a high error rate? The link for confirmation has no individual tracking parameters. So is it really based on cookies? If the user switches browsers / devices - the confirmation will fail as far as I understand?

@kuzmany thanks a lot! Will keep care of being logged out. I checked the link to landing page. It has no lead info in URL parameters. What did I do wrong or miss in this article? Its number 3.) in the list. It ads a link to the landing page into the email. Within the e-mail the link contains no tracking parameters.

Update: I went through it step by step. It now works! It might be related to strictly using two separate chrome profiles for admin and testuser, but also by adding required crone jobs. Anyway, I’m glad it works now :wink:

I followed this instruction: https://www.mautic.org/blog/integrator/creating-a-double-opt-in-email-campaign/
However, the general Overview of the campaign tells me it never run. Even after four tests. I received all the confirmation emails (sent through sendgrid), confirmed them and also received the acknowledgement by the landing page set up as confirmation. Still, all four emails didn’t move from the pending to confirmed list…

Did someone else set it up correctly? How is the successful hit to the landing page tracked? By cookie? But URL parameter (can’t see it as its replaced by a sendgrid URL).

@dirk_s @kuzmany I’m having a similar problem. When inserting link via pagelink token in the URL field, I get the trackable link just fine as you’ve described.

However, I also want a copy/paste version (plain text version) of the link in the body of the email. When I use the pagelink token there, I the output is a proper link to the landing page, but with no tracking “redirect” ahead of it.

Are you seeing this to?

UPDATE: It seems if you use a pagelink token like {pagelink=8} in a URL field, you get a trackable link. Similarly, you get a trackable link if you use the same token in the “plain text” version of the email. However, if you use it in the body of the HTML version (to provide a copy and paste option to those that see your HTML version), it the token just gets changed to the direct URL of the destination page. While this is an inconsistent behavior, which causes some confusion, it may not be a big issue, because those that are seeing the HTML version should fairly reliably be able to click rather than copy/paste. A potential future improvement might be to allow a second parameter in the token that would force the trackable link instead of the direct link.