Importing contacts without triggering campaign

Hi,

I am importing my contacts from MailChimp to my confirmed segment (I do double optin). Since all these contacts already received all my autoresponder emails in Mailchimp, I don’t want them to receive the emails configured in one of my campaigns in Mautic (same emails as in MailChimp). I tried and noticed that there is no way to configure the import to ignore he existing campaigns. How do you guys do to avoid that situation? I was thinking about creating a tag like “Imported”, and put as a condition in the top of the campaign, but I want new autoresponder emails to be sent to them, actually. Was thinking about turning off the campaign before import, and turning back on after importing, but I guess that it won’t work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob

Hi,

I am importing my contacts from MailChimp to my confirmed segment (I do double optin). Since all these contacts already received all my autoresponder emails in Mailchimp, I don’t want them to receive the emails configured in one of my campaigns in Mautic (same emails as in MailChimp). I tried and noticed that there is no way to configure the import to ignore he existing campaigns. How do you guys do to avoid that situation? I was thinking about creating a tag like “Imported”, and put as a condition in the top of the campaign, but I want new autoresponder emails to be sent to them, actually. Was thinking about turning off the campaign before import, and turning back on after importing, but I guess that it won’t work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob

It is hard to tell how your DOI process was built. But if you are importing leads, there is no automatism which puts your new leads into your DOI process - except you have a segment like “all contact which don’t have a DOI flag/tag”. Then you would have to make sure to set this flag when you import the leads.

@PeterTL, thanks for the post. I’ve been banging my head on this, and I think that the only way to do that is creating a tag and filtering it in the campaign. I tested and worked like a charm. Thanks!