Import without triggering campaign

Hi All,

I have a lot of contacts that have already received welcome emails, etc etc. I would like to import these contacts to Mautic and want to tag them as “active” for example. But, I don’t want this to trigger the “active” campaign.

So in essence I want to pretend that the imported leads ALREADY have been through the active campaign (because they’re an old list)

Is there a way to do this?

Maybe a follow up question, when does a campaign trigger? On create date?

If I tag an imported contact with “active” it will be added to the segment, and that segment is the campaign source…

But I just want to somehow “skip” the campaign for these imported users…

I hope this makes sense

Thanks,

John

Hi All,

I have a lot of contacts that have already received welcome emails, etc etc. I would like to import these contacts to Mautic and want to tag them as “active” for example. But, I don’t want this to trigger the “active” campaign.

So in essence I want to pretend that the imported leads ALREADY have been through the active campaign (because they’re an old list)

Is there a way to do this?

Maybe a follow up question, when does a campaign trigger? On create date?

If I tag an imported contact with “active” it will be added to the segment, and that segment is the campaign source…

But I just want to somehow “skip” the campaign for these imported users…

I hope this makes sense

Thanks,
John

I’m not sure if this would affect users currently on the campaign, but the simplest thing I can think of would be adding another tag indicating it’s from an old source, and then putting a condition in between the campaign source and the first action(s) testing that the tag is not there.

I was thinking of that too but didn’t want to ruin the campaign! So I had another thought…

If I import with “Active” tag, and “Import-Active” tag, I can add an exclusionary tag filter in the segment, to EXCLUDE all users with “Import-Active” but include all with “Active”…

This way they won’t be in the campaign…

I may have to create another segment called “All Active” and remove the exclusion tag in order to send out emails to this segment…

Hmm this is interesting and at least there are options!

That sounds like a good option; less risky. Just means you have to have an extra segment