Impossible to update to mautic 4.2: problem with header

Good evening everyone!

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.1.2
My PHP version is: 7.4
My Database type and version is: MySQL 5.7

Your problem
My problem is: We did not manage to update our Mautic to 4.2 version. We used SSH command following the steps described here: Updating at command line | Mautic.

These errors are showing in the log: we obtain the errors showing in the screenshot.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: we try to do it on a another mautic we install for testing just that and we got the same result. Clearing the cache doesn’t work.

Thank you in advance for your help. Have a nice evening.

Hi, did you modify the code? this usually happens if you try to open another session in php

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your reply.
We didn’t touch the code. We installed Mautic with Infomaniak. We tried an update that didn’t work and had to restaure a back up.

If it’s an autoinstall, then the provider can be the most help in my opinion.
The hosting is Infomaniak (CH, right?), but did you use Softaculus?

Good evening,

It’s right the hosting is Infomaniak, but I don’t know Sofaculus. What is it?

We installed a “clean” version of Mautic with the sources found on GitHub, but the update from 4.1.2 to the latest version didn’t work either. We get the message on the screenshot.

Thanks for your help.

Are you using cPanel, WHM or Plesk?

Or any of the web management application?

I don’t know cPanel and the other, so I dont thing we use any of them. For the last test we made, we just upload the sources using ftp. It work just fine until we try to update using ssh for the command lines.

I don’t think you can upload with ftp then update with ssh

You need to install Mautic with ssh then update with ssh “Composer install and update”

Or upload with ftp (from download zip file) then update with Mautic built in updater (that will be removed in Mautic 5.0) or download latest zip file and update

You have to select one … ftp install / update or composer install / update …

You can “swap over” from ftp to composer. There is a document on mautic site how to swap over.

If it a test … try this

clear everything to start fresh

Do not download Mautic file or anything …

Just SSH in your server and issue command:

composer create-project mautic/recommended-project:^4 some-dir --no-interaction

((some-dir - you choose what directory name you want to install in.))